One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the TS green jungle boot and I am having fits getting the feet in it. I have looked inside as best I can and cannot figure out what is turning the foot away. Any thoughts on some type of mod I have to make, or should I just look closer?

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I found that the TS Jungle boots do not fit DML or DiD feet very well. Even BBi and HT can be a problem. I always had to take Tac-glue and glue the paper heal plate (on the inside of the boot) in place first so it would not bend when I inserted the figure's foot. I also had to loosen laces of the boot completely. Generally, for that particular boot, it was a lot of work.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
You will have to undo the laces out of 3 or 4 eyelets.Then it will work fine.I have no problems with any of the TS boots as long I do that.Sometimes,depending on how much lace there is,you may not evev have to go that far.

And here is a trick I learned from Alan at TS(courtesy of GrenadierStinny).Soak the boot for a minute or so in hot water.Stifthe toe with tissue paper to flare it out.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
I've had no issues with TS boots, though i have not used this particular TS green jungle boot, only the desert and black lace up ones.

when im having a hard time with the DML feet, i loosen up the laces and dip the foot with some water to let it slide a bit

·
1:6 Kitbashing Junkie
569 Posts
Hi,

I had a problem with them putting them on Dragon feet regular Neo body. You need to undo the laces complete this helps alittle and pull on the boots tongue while shoving in the feet and it will get in there. It will still be a big pain. I have them on this figure.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I have never had a problem with them at all.But I guess that's me.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
You will have to undo the laces out of 3 or 4 eyelets.Then it will work fine.I have no problems with any of the TS boots as long I do that.Sometimes,depending on how much lace there is,you may not evev have to go that far.

And here is a trick I learned from Alan at TS(courtesy of GrenadierStinny).Soak the boot for a minute or so in hot water.Stifthe toe with tissue paper to flare it out.
Aaron, GStinny, does this work with all of their leather and suede boots? [particularly the CB ones with the Marine EGA on them] Cool, didn't know that you could soak them in water [or put them in boiling water for <10secs] and not damage them.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Aaron, GStinny, does this work with all of their leather and suede boots? [particularly the CB ones with the Marine EGA on them] Cool, didn't know that you could soak them in water [or put them in boiling water for <10secs] and not damage them.
I personally wouldn't boil the suede boots. I think that might ruin them. But the canvas and leather ones should probably be okay. But that's just my guess....

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Ah Thank You GrenadierStinny. I was always hesitant to get them wet anyway but I suppose I'll have to forgo the boiling water just in case.

BTW, my friends were looking at some cool comic art work in class a week ago and when I was about to ask who's work it was, I saw your TS box art and recognized it immediately :D They thought everything was pretty cool.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I did it on a pair that came with one the earlier sets,I couldn't tell you which one,possible the desert CCT,and they didn't get ruined.They came out a bit darker,but that's it.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Cool. Thanks for your input as well Aaron. I'll just have to be careful then. Or patient.
Nevermind, scratch on the patience >:F

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the tips. It was on a DiD foot and I just used a little bit of good old fashioned American muscle (and cussing and sweating and more cussing) but I got it to go. Did have to lace it down about three but it just seems that the cardboard shaper on the inside really does get in the way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.