One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a pair of trousers with a strange folded pleat sewn in to the front of both legs at the knee. They have two pleated L & R bellows pockets on the thigh, and two flaps for back pockets on the rear.

Any idea what they are from please? I'm planning on getting rid of the folds at the knee, changing the thigh pockets and making them into British Lightweights.

Thanks,

David.

·
Registered
472 Posts
They look like OG 107s. I remember those pleats from the 80's uniforms, OGs and BDUs. I'll be damned if we didn't have to press them into our unis, and then every time we deployed we were issued all new fatigues. Not sure who made them though. They are different from the TS ones I have.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look like OG 107s. I remember those pleats from the 80's uniforms, OGs and BDUs. I'll be damned if we didn't have to press them into our unis, and then every time we deployed we were issued all new fatigues. Not sure who made them though. They are different from the TS ones I have.
Thanks, I believe you are right. I've just pulled out my TS ones and can now see they have the same pleats - I'd never noticed them before.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
If by OG107 trousers here is meant to be the type of uniform issued in early part of the VN war made from Sateen cotton prior to the slant pocket jungle uniform, then it's a negative as those did not have cargo pockets. OG107 is an Army standard for a particular shade of olive green. If by OG107 trousers here is meant to refer to the pants matching slant pocket uniform, then it's also a negative, because the box pleats on the cargo pockets are wrong. On the jungle uniform pants, all of the pleats are folded in the same way, whereas the pants in question has the center pleat inverted. Unless that feature was an unintentional error in sewing, chances are the pants were just a pair of olive green pants with cargo pockets. I'm not aware of any US uniform pants with cargo pockets featuring an inverted fold on the center pleat. Shirts may be, but not pants.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
There's also a seam resulting from a separate panel running from just above the knees down to the leg hems, and it's not a knee reinforcement panel. That's not a typical US pants. It might belong to some other army, but pretty sure .. not US issued (IMO).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.