One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've got quite a problem with my newly arrived Hot Toys 1966 Adam West Batman.
As I read in some reviews I was aware of the decentral chest-Batlogo problem. So I asked the retailer to be so kind and check the figure befroe shipping.
However - he did not.
Got the figure factory-sealed this afternoon, opened it and: *tadaa* decentral Batlogo on Bruce's chest.
I immediately contacted the retailer by mail asking for a replacement.
The answer came within minutes stating that I should try to rotate the torso to a position so the logo would be central again or try to fitz the batsuit - which every single review I read before strictly advises you not to do.
The retailer further stated that he's now out of stock and cannot replace the figure in hand.

So...
What can I do now. Is there anything I can do at all!?
The retailer is situated in Germany, I live in Austria; US or UK law will most likely differ. I'm lookinf for more a technical solution after all.
Has anyone ever tried to get in contact with HT when it comes to QA problems?

Cheers,
Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry for the doublepost, but I'm actually trying to find a tutorial for the Tony Mei suit/cape installation. Do you know some sources?
If you mean how to remove the Hot Toys suit, I pushed the belt down his legs, removed the suit and replaced it with the Tony Mei uniform and cape.

Afterwards just ease the belt back up his legs and into position.

It was a lot easier than I'd been fearing. Pushing the belt down didn't do any damage despite the apparent fragility of the suit.

I much prefer the colour and material of the custom outfit:

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Damn, hope you find a solution for the logo issue. Some people have contacted HT directly in the past with good result--depending on if the figure was current or not. Don't wait too long or you'll get the same "sorry it's decommissioned" reply. May as well try and maybe they can send you the bodysuit?

Seems like such a stupid, sloppy mistake and should-have-been-done-correctly-in-the-first-place detail on such a simple outfit. HT should be ashamed they let that come out of their factories like that but it apparently already happened with their Superman figures too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I sent them a message via the customer enquiry form on their website yesterday, but no answer so far. The site states it might take them up to 7 days for answering.

In the meantime I got a reply from Tony Mei. I'm unsure if I really want to spend another 100 bucks to fix a 200€ item that should have been fine in the first place - even if Tony's suit and cape is far superior.

But to be fair with HT - this is my 10th figure and the first one I have an issue with.
I was blessed to get my hands on a non oil leaking Keaton Bats and a MoS Supes with an ok suit as well.
It's a bit of a gamble when it comes to this 66 Bats I guess.
Nevertheless issues like that should not appear on a 200+€ collectible.

·
is just 2 sweet
528 Posts
send it back ... get your money back .. and order it elsewhere ;)

good european shop with good priced Hot Toys figures:

--> machinegunfigures.com -->France
--> collectablekitbash.co.uk --> UK

cheers from the salzkammergut ;)

And if that's not an option... i MIGHT be able to help

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
send it back ...
check
get your money back ..
let's hope I don't just get a credit voucher for my next order
and order it elsewhere ;)
will do

good european shop with good priced Hot Toys figures:

--> machinegunfigures.com -->France
--> collectablekitbash.co.uk --> UK
thx! The uk store is new for me, I new machinegun but never placed an order with them. Is it a good store (customer service wise)

cheers from the salzkammergut ;)
cheers from the Zentralraum ;)

·
is just 2 sweet
528 Posts
i have ordered on both shops... never had any problems.
Machinegun.fr customer service is nice..
i once asked them to send something loose / out of the package ... to save shipping fees and it was no problem at all for them...
once i also made my order via e-mail... and they were always very friendly...

i only ordered twice from collectable kitbash... aaaand... never had problems... but also never had to contact the customer service...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.