One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Soldier
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a project that was a key factor in me getting into this hobby. My skills are beginner as I've only done I think three figures now, this is my first base ever done, and my photo skills just suck. However despite the shortcomings of my talent or lack there of this was a very difficult and exciting project. There were little to no ref pics on this individual but I still wanted to do the figure because while reading the book "Lone Survivor" he was an inspiration and a role model of todays generation who knew what honor and true sacrifice were, as were they all. I would say I'm not finished with this project as there are a few things I'd like to add, especially a better looking hat and possibly and actual "Danny" HS if it shows up somewhere. The weapon is a BBi SASR Barney M4 with an ACU Mullen M4 Crane stock added, hand painted and then weathered. The weathering on the RRV and pouches was originally complete ****E but DEIIP helped me out (thanks DEIPP:D) and so I started over and got the finished product in front of you, which given my crap photo skills you can't really tell but all in all it isn't as much ****E as it was. I hope you all like this tribute. Thanks everyone who helped along the way and Alexei thanks for your attention to detail especially on this subject matter! THANKS FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Nicely done tribute and the base adds an extra touch. Did you have reference pics? What is the list on the stock? Takes courage to step out and do a tribute, you have honored one of our fallen well.

·
Soldier
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the ref pic I used most...the list is a typed up 9 line Medevac, I tried to find what was actually on there, but couldn't find anything so I went with what made sense to me at the time.

·
HOOYAH! CORPSMAN UP!
607 Posts
Great Work

What can I say... the tribute to these unsung heroes has seem to have a great impact here on OSW. Nice custom re-paint on the 203, and the weathering is spot on! I know it is difficult to exactly get the gear that we need to complete projects such as these,...to honor these men in being as accurate as we can. But doing a tribute, to me is accurate enough. Well done there my friend....well done! :thumb

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I think DEIIP nailed it, regarding tributes, and yours in particular. This one's a keeper. A guy I know told me after he returned from some advisory work in Afghanistan, everyone talks about "The Greatest Generation", but from his experience with the young Americans he'd met, we have nothing to worry about.

·
Soldier
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the comments, as much as the creator has to be satisfied with his work, it's also a good feeling when the guys you look up to think you did good so again thanks! I wasn't happy with the photography so I went back to some tutorials and created a makeshift photo set and I also made another stand/dio for "Danny". Hope these pictures are a little better. Thanks for looking!

And here's a pic of my makeshift photo studio :)

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Tributes are becoming the norm around here and yours is very well done indeed.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Can't believe I missed this first time out. Great bash:)

I hate to sound like a greenhorn, but the tables on the buttstock, what are they? I was thinking range/scope info?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.