One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Cute and cuddly bomb... Hear these are big with the kids in the middle east.

Sorry, that was a bit out of line. This thing is striking a negative cord with me. It's either a cartoon bomb or a cartoon bottle of poison in a little kids Teddy Bear back pack... Of all the wired stuff I've seen in this hobby this bugs me. The image by it's self is disturbing. I know that I will see the rest of this at some point. Since it's Triad it will most likely be on the back of some cute big breasted babe with a gun or knife or meat cleaver... and I'll say cool.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah the fig was previewed at one of the Sacramento shows last (I think)...Ponytailed, bubblegum fem schoolgirl assassin.... riding on a pink vespa with arsenal of weapons spilling from the sidecar.

·
Runs with Scissors
4,605 Posts
Cute and cuddly bomb... Hear these are big with the kids in the middle east.

Sorry, that was a bit out of line. This thing is striking a negative cord with me. It's either a cartoon bomb or a cartoon bottle of poison in a little kids Teddy Bear back pack... Of all the wired stuff I've seen in this hobby this bugs me. The image by it's self is disturbing. I know that I will see the rest of this at some point. Since it's Triad it will most likely be on the back of some cute big breasted babe with a gun or knife or meat cleaver... and I'll say cool.
I'm gonna have to agree.... seeing this without any context kinda creeps me out...

the toddler suicide bomber theme may be original in the hobby but perhaps not in the best taste....

i'm sure the complete set will be, as you mentioned, some sort of busty, heavily armed, schoolgirl-outfitted bimbo, which i find creepy for a whole nother set of reasons.... but not quite so tasteless....

i believe the effect we are getting from the pic is probably not the one it's creators intended...

i will at least grant that it looks like a very high quality, well made, creepy toddler bomb pack ... that has to count for something at least...

but i think they were trying for more "Kawaii" and less "unspeakable" in the vibe the picture was meant to convey

·
custom title
342 Posts
Arrr-

I'll probably receive crap for this BUT-

Whats the difference between a schoolgirl with a bomb in a backpack and a SEAL with an EBR or the like? Both represent the grey lines of fourth generational warfare to me. Interpretation is paramount in this as in all instances, I personally think the triad kit is cartoony and cutsie in this case and the design on the bomb is in-line with pop culture, consumer art, just like a 3r IJA or a HT specops sniper. I could go into the brutalization of human culture and the like, but these are toys that represent war and killing, so it seems redundant to delve into further detail.

I'm sorry if I crossed any lines or caused controversy with this statement, I personally can't wait to see the figure this goes with.:rant:chainsaw:sadshake:cheers

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Arrr-

I'll probably receive crap for this BUT-

Whats the difference between a schoolgirl with a bomb in a backpack and a SEAL with an EBR or the like? Both represent the grey lines of fourth generational warfare to me. Interpretation is paramount in this as in all instances, I personally think the triad kit is cartoony and cutsie in this case and the design on the bomb is in-line with pop culture, consumer art, just like a 3r IJA or a HT specops sniper. I could go into the brutalization of human culture and the like, but these are toys that represent war and killing, so it seems redundant to delve into further detail.

I'm sorry if I crossed any lines or caused controversy with this statement, I personally can't wait to see the figure this goes with.:rant:chainsaw:sadshake:cheers
You have a very good and valid point. And, I don't have a good answer as to why this bugs me.

I get that it's a hypocratic point of view, especially in a hobby where most of the bashes are based on one form or another of death dealing. I, like most of us here, love weapons.

Maybe it's the juxtaposition of innocence and premeditated manslaughter? I don't know... but the image bugs me.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
I totally dig this! I've been working on a child assasin for some time, with knives and bombs hidden away in Teddy Bears, but it's all in fun and jest. I think it might be the "we make problems go away" slogan subconsciously bothering us. But I'm wierd, I like feeling uncomfortable. :X

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nah... Its the leading edge of 5GW (5th Generation Warfare -- the "Super Empowered Individual," as TXH has put it in his recent article on the subject....). Not sure this is really where TRIAD wants to be going right now... if they'll stop to think about it for a moment. I think they ought to move out smartly on some other projects they have hanging fire, and leave this sort of... thing... safely locked away. :rolleyes

:nerd

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I can get why people do and why others don't get worked up over this figure.

Perhaps the initial take on it was that of a little school-aged school girl blowing people up, but more than likely, and as shown its just some C-cupped 'gun toting bimbo' as noted above, in the vein of any one of a hundred Anime chicks, just some guys fantasy.
Although the only reservation I have with this view is that since everyone is familiar with Triads products and outfits anyway, why would anyone assume anything else than the latter? Perhaps I'm just reaching too far to unrock the boat.

The pack and bomb are 'fun' pop/sub culture pieces, and they look to be the highlight of this figure, at least til the vespa comes out.. :p

In the end she's no more controversial than anyother figure as it seems. Just another femfig with a skimpy outfit, small arms and a bombpack.
I personally don't care for it, nor do I hold any ire against it, its just not my cuppa tea.

We just have to remember, there are all sorts of collectors out there, and everyone has their own tastes, so to each his own, and lets get back to the other guntoting mandollies.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts