One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pullstring Talker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Alpha redhead from Triad Toys, I just got her yesterday. The quality is not quite up to part with Hot Toys but to be fair she didn't cost me as much as a nude HT either...I like her! I didn't like her beady eyed look so I repainted her. I'm still honing my action figure painting skills. I've got a Kumik body and "Michelle" head coming, I plan to repaint her too. I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm getting back into it.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,970 Posts
AHEM . . .

1. Excellent job on repainting the eyes.

2. I like the way you styled the hair and adding the earrings is a very stylish, but subtle touch.

3. Simple, but very effective photography.

I appreciate & respect the fact that you took a mediocre paint application (typical of many heads by Triad Toys) and made it much better with your repaint.

Even Professor RuPaul of Drag U would approve. I mean this as a true compliment given what you had to work with.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Great job! She looks ten times better!

Were you able to remove all the paint from the face? Sometimes I find that on the Alpha faces, the paint on the eyebrows can be a little difficult to remove, even when I use pure acetone.

·
Pullstring Talker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great job! She looks ten times better!

Were you able to remove all the paint from the face? Sometimes I find that on the Alpha faces, the paint on the eyebrows can be a little difficult to remove, even when I use pure acetone.
For any small traces of paint or stains left I use a Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean it up, it leaves me with a nice clean surface to work on.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
great repaint, and restyle, did you also mist the body too, I see her chest now has some texture as well, not just smooth plastic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts