One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Unspeakable
564 Posts
The recent DX sets that come with bodies use a new type of body by Sea International...
YIKES! Hope they're better than the versions that I had with my ZMDC stuff - they were awful.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
The range of motion of the body is very good. He can do the "pistol grip" pose. The ankles are very cool in terms of range of motion as well. The hands are bendable but are much better than Dragon's or DiD's bendable hands. They are very similar to Soldier Story's bendable hands, except with a dragon-esque wrist joint (i.e. NOT ball-jointed).

My only complaint with the body was that it was too loose. It was very difficult to get my Shiroikage figure to stay standing up without leaning him against something or using a stand. I'm not sure if they're all like that or just mine.

In the end I swapped the body for a Hot Toys body.

·
The Unspeakable
564 Posts
My only complaint with the body was that it was too loose. It was very difficult to get my Shiroikage figure to stay standing up without leaning him against something or using a stand. I'm not sure if they're all like that or just mine.

In the end I swapped the body for a Hot Toys body.
Precisely the problem: they were very loosely jointed and could never hold a pose. I ultimately used the same solution: swapped with a HT body.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Look like they have better proportions too. From pics I have seen on Triad's site they seem to have that same "looks flat from the side" problem that SS Buck bodies have though. Caused, I think, by the lack of forward/back movement in the shoulders, a shallow lower back, and um... a lack of... uh.. buttocks.

·
The Man of Steel
130 Posts
So the Boxed male Triad figures can be swapped out rather easaly....Like is the head on the figures super glued or do you have to heat it up....Cause I was planning on picking up a Theodor DX figure but I wanted to swap out the body with out destrying it...so I was just wondering for the guys that have bought the Boxed Triad figures is it an easy swap...thanks in advance

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I swapped out my Shiroikage body to a Hot Toys - it was incredibly easy. The Triad Toys head is secured by double-sided tape (it's very secure, no worries). I just pulled on the headsculpt and it came right off. I was very nervous because I did not want to mess up the amazing paint aps on the headsculpt, but it worked fine.

I assume they are going to attach future headsculpts in the same manner.

·
The Man of Steel
130 Posts
I swapped out my Shiroikage body to a Hot Toys - it was incredibly easy. The Triad Toys head is secured by double-sided tape (it's very secure, no worries). I just pulled on the headsculpt and it came right off. I was very nervous because I did not want to mess up the amazing paint aps on the headsculpt, but it worked fine.

I assume they are going to attach future headsculpts in the same manner.
Awsome....thanks for the info dude:banana:banana

1 - 14 of 14 Posts