One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm a newbie on this. I Wonder which material the action figures, Pichen, Jiaou and similar are made of? Some dealers say PVC, others say silicone and some say TPE. What's correct?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Definitely not silicone, nowhere near durable enough for that. I've read that it's TPE for TBLeague, and probably the same for JD. PVC is probably for the cheaper brands like the Xing series from poptoys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for answer. And The head? Is there anyone who knows about the head? I have watched the Pichen website and can't find anything about the head and body material. I am wondering because PVC is very controversial in Europe. Not good for your health.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah, that reply was weird. I think that poster just joined so maybe having trouble?

The old heads from Dragon, BBi, etc were definitely pvc, they were meant to be heated with hair dryer or hot water so you could remove/replace. Then they started using resin. These days I'm not sure what they're made of, they tend to be much stiffer but still respond to heat to make them easier to remove. Although you have to be real careful with rooted hair as the hair can be ruined with heat. I'd say it's probably still pvc but a different type but who knows, I'm no materials chemist. Anyone else with more manufacturing experience care to chime in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The PVC heads are fine. Just don't hold a lighter to them and they will remain safe. Most of the fearmongering around PVC is unwarranted and akin to saying salt is bad for you because it contains chlorine which, when consumed by itself can kill you.

arturradukevic453 was attempting to post a spam advertisement link to worktime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have another question. How sensitive are action figures for sunshine? I know that TPE can be discolored by sunshine.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Best to keep it out of direct sunlight, and in a cool place with fairly constant temperature. Rubber requires its oil content and once it starts to dry, then cracking occurs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts