One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So echobase already has these in stock and it looks like they were getting ready to ship them out to the rest of the US retailers.

from my initial handling, I can say that these are good weapons. The scar H and L come with exactly the same setup except for a eotech and acog. The sculpt of the weapon is pretty crisp and paint is alright. It feels solid not flimsy and you can change out the barrel lengths and also which side the charging hand is on. The check rest is adjustable and the buttstock is retractable.

Some minor issues, the holes for the rail attachements don't seem deep enough, so the accessories don't seem to stay on, but you could always break the pegs off and use light glue to keep them on. When buying one, you might want to check the position of the folding stock as one of mine didn't seem to lock into place flush to the weapon but at an angle. Also the only piece that seems like it could break on the weapon is where the folding stock is lock into place causing the stock to not lock into place. Oh and one thing that might improve the look of the weapon is a paint job.

Updates:

This shows you the tab that holds the folding stock in place, note the one on the right missing the tab in the center.

Scar-L with stock folded and short barrel.

Bottom of scar.

Top of scar.

Scar-H left, you can't really notice but the charging handle is for lefty.

Scar-H right.

Scar-L with accessories, left side

Scar-L right.

Well hopefully this pictures can give you guys an idea. Oh and also note the extended stock on the Scar-H and the raised check rests on the stocks too.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I think it's cool.I like the paint app,better than ACE's.Ace's looked a bit too bright and shiny.It looked like a...toy,for better lack of words.

The folding stock on mine shut,but the slightest pressure made it open.But since I don't fancy folding stocks,I glued it in the full position.

None of the mechanism's work,trigger,cocking handle,selector levers,but that really doesn't matter to me.It's a huge step up in weapons for TS,it's not DML or HT level,but for a small company,it's a great leap.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and the short review. Looking forward to the pictures. Do you have any words on the accessories that come along with the SCAR? Are they detailed or the look crappy?What is the quality? Oh, one more thing, the Sling! Is it any good and how does it attach to the SCAR. Are the connecting points sound or flimsy?

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Fet,I have tried DML SR25 mags.It's a bit of a tight fit,but so is the mag that came with it.If you paint it,it may add a bit of friction to.I haven't tried it yet.

Stall Stuff,The accessories are decent.The TS EOTEC was never great,but you can see through it.The flashlight is very detailed,it came with the Mullen M4 and the PMC babe M4.The laser is similar to the DML one,just a bit smaller and it has stickers to place on it for detail.The sling has 2 attaching points,but of course if you break it,you break it.They seem sturdy to me,but everyone handles their..models differently.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Wow, they look pretty nice. Thanks for the informative review. The tab thing holding the buttstock in place, do you see a way of macgyvering a new part with some glue and plastic or perhaps metal to keep it in place?

I really like the accessories, I'm actually eyeballing them for other rifles, particularly the flashlights which I'm glad Aaron look decent, but these look good enough to snap up for the SF figures I don't even have yet :p

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Just to note,the H comes with the EoTECH and the L comes with an ACOG.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I could some glue if I wanted it to be permanent but, think some tissue wedged in while closing the stock would work too. But I'm not too worried about it since you can't tell that its missing at the moment.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I glued mine shut,because I don't care much for folding stocks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just opened my SCAR-H. Nice gun. Feel that the quality is a step below HotToys, but better than a number of other ones. Some add on accessories are loose on the peg (glued a couple of mine instead), but I like a lot of the moving parts or iron sight are not flimsy. Feels solid enough, and a good gun for its price. Wish they tempo print everything though, rather than giving you a piece of sticker on some decals.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Just orderd one of each from the ebey seller actiontoysHK for £6 $12 each which is an incredible price he had 3 left of each when i purchaced mine earlier today... he might have some left if you are lucky. such great weapons for a great price :D
if it was same seller as mine mate, you will have the guns in about 3 days to UK :thumb

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pouchman's new toy. :b And got to say this is the most matching gun (stock color) for him, even though his favorite is still his old school M60. The folding stock is cool, but wish it has more working levers and such.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
You gotta remember that ToySoldier is still a small outfit,and it's not Hot toys.I have been buying TS stuff since the second year and it gets better with every new release.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
Just got mine today. Pretty good compared to earlier TS weapons.

Both the TS and ACE SCARs have pluses and minuses. I'll add some pics later this week when I get the time, and camera charged up.

The charging handle was for a lefty on mine too. Is this supposed to be that way, as in interchangable on the actual rifles, or just a mix up?

Lots of flash to be trimmed off, which may lead to a repaint.

The EOtech, from the SCAR H, has 2 pegs on the scope, but no matching holes on the rails. You'll have to knock off a peg for it to fit. The EOTech has a small reticle, but that could be opened with some patience. Pegs on all the accessories are larger than the holes in the rails. Open the holes or knock off the pegs. All those accessories are really nice looking. BUIS (Back Up Iron Sights) move, and have a bit of stiffness to them. Not like the floppy ACE. Well done there.

The Surefire from my SCAR L has a gibbled lens cover, but the same light on the H is just fine.

Mags on the 'L' can't be swapped from ACE to TS. Haven't tried any of the other options though. M4 mags should fit, so I'll try those later.

Paint is a bit funky in spots, but easliy reworked. Paint is one tone on these. ACE has that weird two tone thing going on. Paint is nicer on these.

Have to open up the holes for the sling on the frame, both front and aft. Sling mounts are for a Righty, but charging handle for a Lefty. HMMMMMM

If you could put all the best features from each on one rifle, you would have a smokin SCAR. They both have little issues that make neither king of the hill. Equally as bad and good at the same time.

I'll post comparison pics later. I like them all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts