One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
This is going to be another awesome Nam piece from TS.I have seen this in person and that BAR belt is SWEET!!!!!!!

Would be cool to have a non-smiling headsculpt though.

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
I think the pictures look great, but Toy Soldier has a streak of putting out figures that look worse than their prototype pictures.
You will rarely find anything in mass production that completely measures up to its prototype in terms of quality because the prototype methods and materials differ typically. Few of us can afford a figure put together with the methods used in producing prototypes because they are unique, highly custom figures until they go into mass production.

Plus, TS always weathers their preview figures and adds little things like the green tape, so what you purchase doesn't quite look like that. But frankly, I would prefer to weather and detail my figures to my own preferences.

I have never been disappointed in TS's production quality compared to its preview prototype.

Looks like the molded canteen tops have been changed to functional versions. That is certainly a nice change if that makes the production version.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I mean no disrespect to Lt Longgrear, but although the figure's HS does bear resemblance to the reference pic, I doubt he'd have that grin on his face in the field, especially in the midst of combat.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
I mean no disrespect to Lt Longgrear, but although the figure's HS does bear resemblance to the reference pic, I doubt he'd have that grin on his face in the field, especially in the midst of combat.
Very true. But, ya might be surprised at peoples reactions during firefights. Fear and adrenalin cause some interesting actions. I giggled like a little kid once.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
It's supposed to be out this month(august),and was supposed to be out at the WOH show,But with the disasters in China,Alan decided to puch it back to give the people time to do a bit of recovery from Mother Nature.

I'm not totally sure it will be August either,but it could be.

·
Keeping 360 security
546 Posts
Well, this is one that I actually like a lot!
when, how much and where?
by the way, is the poncho included in our version?

On a side note, for those of you interested, in the movie "Operation Dumbo Drop", a Disney Nam movie, Danny Glover actually is shown wearing the type of load bearing gear and suspenders shown above with this new upcoming figure.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Having seen the figure up close and having a personal collection of up close pics, I have no doubts on the quality of this figure. And knowing Alan's dedication to it, it's a no brainer. The EBT guys know I want this figure bad.

·
GETCHA PULL!!!
809 Posts
Aside from the tiger stripes, which I think are getting a bit over-used, and the poncho, which should be a little wider, some nice gear on this one!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.