One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bloodier than you HAHA!
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, has anyone ever attempted this kind of thing? I'm trying my best to get a True-Type to look like an elderly, malnourished man, but it seems like a big undertaking, especially to have it ready in time for the sci-fi contest, along with a diorama and clothes. I had the idea to buy one of those 1/6 skeletons featured on Cotswold, and sculpt a bit of flesh on there. What does OSW think? Does OSW think Rawrington is over his head(again?)?

I"d also like to talk to someone about helping me with a sketch. I have a lot of ideas, and also a lot of trouble putting them on paper, so if I could talk to someone with some artistic skill about sketching something for me, that'd be killer. I'd be happy to trade something/ pay the artist. :banana

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
The only thing I could think of it getting that skeleton and placing a thin material like silk over the body and then adding a film of liquid latex over it. The effect would be for the latex to adhere or suck on to the skeleton frame, thus creating the illusion of severe malnutrition.

That's the theory, anyway.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
The only thing I could think of it getting that skeleton and placing a thin material like silk over the body and then adding a film of liquid latex over it. The effect would be for the latex to adhere or suck on to the skeleton frame, thus creating the illusion of severe malnutrition.

That's the theory, anyway.
And it's a damn good theory too.

Check out this artist (I posted his work around Halloween). He has done the same idea but using bamboo, tissue paper, and white glue thinned with water http://sow.ggnet.co.jp/room.htm?no=10 ... and I was thinking of doing the same thing to make a corps or two for my Sci Fi dio.;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The skeleton resculpt is certainly a viable option.

If it were me, I'd try using an existing nude. Grind/file/carve the limbs down. If they hollow-out before the required dimension, just fill in with your favorite choice of suitable stuff (mine would be Bondo) and keep grinding.

An existing nude already has all the articulation and a HS attachment in place.

Remember, malnutrition may cause the loss of flesh, but not the loss in size of the joints. As a matter of fact, some joints swell on occasion. Regardless, the shrinking of the flesh makes the joints appear larger anyway. You can probably get away with the illusion of malnutrition by accentuating the joints combined with thinning down the rest. And still have a perfectly poseable fig.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I had to go back and re-read the first post - YOUR GOING TO DO THIS TO A TRUE TYPE!?!

Dude! That's a crime. I have a crap ton of bodies I have saved for fodder - I will give you one of them just so you don't chop into a true type.

I'm just playin'... sort of. The true types were not easy for me to get a hold of. Of all the different figure bodies I have the true type is hands down my favorite. It's your figure to do with what you will, but if you would rather sink your #11 exacto into a dragon, hasbro, 21st C., or DiD - PM me your address and I'll gladly pop one in the mail (as long as you're in the US, my generosity has it limits, i.e. international shipping).

And... I'm looking forward to seeing your bash in the contest.

·
Bloodier than you HAHA!
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
To All: Thanks for the input!
laughinggravy2: I'm going to try your idea first. Sanding down the body seems to be my best bet.

Nervecenter0: Funny, I had the same idea, browsing nudes on Ebay! That's a good second option, if I don't get the results i'm hoping for on a male body. Thanks! :)

KneeJoint: Hah! Hadn't really given much thought to whether i'd miss my last TT, but you have a point. :razz Would a Neo3 let you sleep at night? :p
'Preciate the offer for a nude, by the way, that was really cool of you. I've got a bunch of nudes, actually, I just have a pet peeve with not having ball wrists.

To anyone and everyone: I'm totally serious about this concept sketch thing. I'd gladly trade my HT Deunan to anyone who could help me flesh out my ideas and help me with materials. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a fully realized figure of my own creation. :)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
KneeJoint: Hah! Hadn't really given much thought to whether i'd miss my last TT, but you have a point. :razz Would a Neo3 let you sleep at night? :p
'Preciate the offer for a nude, by the way, that was really cool of you. I've got a bunch of nudes, actually, I just have a pet peeve with not having ball wrists.

To anyone and everyone: I'm totally serious about this concept sketch thing. I'd gladly trade my HT Deunan to anyone who could help me flesh out my ideas and help me with materials. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a fully realized figure of my own creation. :)
I'd be happy to help. I'm a decent illustrator - I'll help but I don't need the figure or payment. We are all here to help each other out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts