One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a search and dint find anything useful.:dunno

Is there any decent top hats or bowlers that will work for our kind of figures? :think

If i need to be specific it's this kind of hat i would like to get:

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
You might have some luck here. He might be persuaded to do one just like your desired hat, cannot hurt to ask. Tony Barton has done at least one tutorial on making felt hats, but I haven't found it yet.

Good hunting!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Search "1/6 scale custom clothing" (or doll) and you'll find plenty of talented people who can make that top hat.

·
Just a cowboy singer
721 Posts
Stevo makes the best hats in my opinion because he custom makes them to the measurements you give him.....so if your measurements are correct.....the hat will fit perfectly.

He already makes a hat very close to that....given the picture I'm sure he'd tweak his design.....he's done it for me in the past

http://stevostoys.com/Bull Eldorado.jpg

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Broker's Gin has a plastic Bowler which is good for 1/6th.

View attachment 373587
That's got to be one of the greatest suggestions of all time. :clap (Sadly I don't think the bottles in Ontario have the bowler on their Broker's bottles but other Canadian provinces apparently do).

Off the top of my head (pun) I recall 1/6 bowlers with Avengers John Steed, Charles Chaplin, also Big Chief John Watson, and going way back to 1967 and in the wrong color, Marx Mike Hazard. Top hats with DiD Churchill, probably the best one, and two oversize ones, Phicen Lady Magician and DC Direct Zatanna. There's a fair number of 1/6 fedora style hats but that's something else again.

·
Registered
950 Posts
That's got to be one of the greatest suggestions of all time. :clap (Sadly I don't think the bottles in Ontario have the bowler on their Broker's bottles but other Canadian provinces apparently do).

Off the top of my head (pun) I recall 1/6 bowlers with Avengers John Steed, Charles Chaplin, also Big Chief John Watson, and going way back to 1967 and in the wrong color, Marx Mike Hazard. Top hats with DiD Churchill, probably the best one, and two oversize ones, Phicen Lady Magician and DC Direct Zatanna. There's a fair number of 1/6 fedora style hats but that's something else again.
Brokers Gin sold in Ontario does come with the hat. I have several of them. You need to dremmel it out just a little.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Brokers Gin sold in Ontario does come with the hat. I have several of them. You need to dremmel it out just a little.
Good to know -- need any help emptying the bottles? :)

Actually somebody else just told me this is so -- although the LCBO website shows a regular cap picture instead -- and also, that apparently right now they have a St Patrick themed promo where the bowler is Green, so that's basically a Batman Riddler bash all by itself.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Stevo makes the best hats in my opinion because he custom makes them to the measurements you give him.....so if your measurements are correct.....the hat will fit perfectly.

He already makes a hat very close to that....given the picture I'm sure he'd tweak his design.....he's done it for me in the past

http://stevostoys.com/Bull Eldorado.jpg
I second Dioman, that Stevo does top notch work. A bit of wait, since they're custom done to size, and well worth it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. :thumb My first i thought, as im very exact with details, was that the shape of the edge of the rim would be an issue to me :think. But i have noticed it wont be an issue at all.:dancing The reason is i have noticed there is hats with pretty flat brims and not as on the picture. :erm

:thanks

:hat

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think i need a long coat also, but at AJ's the one there is sold out. :doh
So where else is ot possible to get a long coat that may fit Playtoy or VeryCool bodies? :think

·
Just a cowboy singer
721 Posts
Just drop Amy a line....there is a disclaimer somewhere on her site that if something you are interested in is sold out to just tell her and she'll make you one

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
That's good to hear! ;)

Broker's Gin is non existant where i live. :wail And the price for it is to high for a small hat as i dont like gin very much. :urp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts