One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Its the GI JOE movie. That's COBRA after they ran out of budget because they spent all their money making Snake Eyes so kick ass. But if you picture all of them screaming "COBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" it just might work....

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I was started out thinking I'd try to find a picture of a more "realistic" looking special forces guy, like the new SS guy with belly, but just had to share this "Segway SWAT" team! Which raises the question, who makes a 1:6 segway? LOL

P.S. Check out the rest of that militaryphotos.net thread, some awsome pics of German modern camo!

P.P.S. I broke my "40 post" cherry on this thread, so am officially offical on the trade boards. Thanks OSW!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before anybody laughs too hard......

I used to think those segues were the epitome of silly. Then, I ran into a dealer at a party and he let me ride one. Truth be told, it's an absolute asskick. The speeds you can attain, as per one of the three key graduations, is pretty astonishing.

What I can try to extrapolate from the pic, if it's not a joke, is that under situations where a shoot-and-scoot scenario is presented, this affords a very steady firing platform that is also mobile. Try firing accurately while running or even jogging hard, and you'll get an idea of what I mean. This looks like it would be best applied to urban settings.

'Course, somebody could just be taking the pyss, too.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Bash This! SMG-Armed Chinese Cops on Segways

This caught my eye:

"Armed police in Jinan, China demonstrate a rapid deployment exercise during a training drill almost a month before the Olympic Games."
From the BBC

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Tatuued1 said:
All the guns look like Airsoft, mini AK's....
Type 79 SMGs, in 7.62x25mm caliber, and they do have some of the same mechanics as the AK.
500 rpm, short range (100-200m, depending on who you believe).

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
Aw, come on. This ain't "off topic." This is cutting edge 1:6 customizing research.... ;-)
the first one must be as george jones once sang "high tech red neck". you may have heard the saying you can't hide money.

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
This sorta makes sense. I live near a huge outdoor shopping complex that is patrolled by cops on Segways. I can imagine that rapidly dismounting from them, especially in an emergency, might be a bit awkward. Makes sense to train to respond immediately from the vehicle in the event of attack.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.