One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my painted Timothy Dalton head sculpts arrived last week and the miscellaneous bits and pieces have also started arriving from the US and China, so I've started kinda piecing the first figure together.... The bodies I'm using are the Hot Toys TTM18 narrow shoulder version.

The first figure I'm putting together will be from the defection scene where Bond has to take out a Russian sniper as a Russian Colonal defects. In the film 007 dons a padded shooting glove on his left hand, so I purchased a pair of Dragon DML fingerless tactical gloved hands to get the one gloved hand. The rifle he uses is the Walther WA 2000. Since the grip on the 21st Century toys rifle is not contoured like the real gun, the TTM hands do not grip it realistically so I'll need to work on modifying the grip to better fit the hand. When I compared the supplied TTM hands with the DML hands, the DML hands are a bit smaller than the TTM and placing the DML hands on the rifle, they don't grip it any better, but they appear to be more correctly scaled than the TTM hands. Checking the toy rifle length against the real gun, it appears it is very close to 1/6th scale.

So my first build question is are the TTM hands oversized?

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,514 Posts
Those TTM hands should not be over sized. I remember the Ultimate Soldier bodies and I think they had pretty big hands. I have a WA2000 for my Hitman figure and his gloved hands (Don't remember the brand) and they work fine with the rifle. You might need to get a few different hands to experiment with. Leftovers can go to your parts bin for future projects.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those TTM hands should not be over sized. I remember the Ultimate Soldier bodies and I think they had pretty big hands. I have a WA2000 for my Hitman figure and his gloved hands (Don't remember the brand) and they work fine with the rifle. You might need to get a few different hands to experiment with. Leftovers can go to your parts bin for future projects.
So the DML hands are slightly undersized?

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,514 Posts
Sometimes it's not so much about size, but more about the sculpt of the hands. One thing you can do is heat the hand in boiling water, then pose it on the gun. Once youre happy with the pose, hold onto the hand and gun and run cold water over them. This will hold the pose.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received my last set of hands for my Dalton figures and the ones I ordered separately seem to be a bit smaller in scale.....

hand compare.JPG
Is it my imagination or is the TTM hand larger than the other two? The top hand is the Robber Joker Hot Toy Phicen black glove hand, the center is the TTM-18 hand and the bottom is the Dragon/DML tactical gloved hand.

Thanks all....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spyder, care to post a couple pictures of the rifle/gloved hands on your Hitman figure?

THANKS

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I believe I have everything now that I'll be needing to complete my Timothy Dalton Bratislava sequence figure. The leather coat from the 24 Hours Subway Hero figure arrived along with the sweater, black suit pieces, boots and gloved hands. One thing I have learned for sure from this initial kitbashing builds is that altho the parts may be listed as 1/6th scale, doesn't mean they are true to scale and interchangeable between the various bodies available.

For the Bratislava figure, I'm using a Sideshow Pierce Brosnan 007 body. First issue was removing the head only to discover Sideshow used a spring loaded pivot arrangement that wasn't compatible with my custom 1/6 Dalton head sculpt....

20201113_053420.jpg
20201113_053549.jpg

Next issue was the scale of the boots I wanted to use for the cello escape scene, they were a bit over scale for the body (compared to jump boots for my PTS figure).....

20201111_021534.jpg

Third issue was attaching the hands. The black gloved hands from the 1/6 Joker Robber (Hot Toys?) figure seem to be made to fit a round wrist and the Sideshow body has a more rectangular wrist due to the wrist pivot configuration.

The leather coat isn't as loose fitting as the coat in the film but I'll go ahead and use it until I can find a suitable/custom made replacement. Also the sweater in the film is charcoal and the shirt ecru, so they will need to be dyed as well.

While not 100% accurate at this point, I think it's pretty darn close using bits and pieces from various figures....

20201127_113026.jpg
20201127_113015.jpg
20201127_113001.jpg
20201127_113006.jpg
20201127_111345.jpg
20201127_111352.jpg

Look forward to your thoughts, comments and suggestions!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looking great so far!
Did you repaint the head yourself? Where did you get the sculpt from?
Thanks,
m.

Well I believe I have everything now that I'll be needing to complete my Timothy Dalton Bratislava sequence figure. The leather coat from the 24 Hours Subway Hero figure arrived along with the sweater, black suit pieces, boots and gloved hands. One thing I have learned for sure from this initial kitbashing builds is that altho the parts may be listed as 1/6th scale, doesn't mean they are true to scale and interchangeable between the various bodies available.

For the Bratislava figure, I'm using a Sideshow Pierce Brosnan 007 body. First issue was removing the head only to discover Sideshow used a spring loaded pivot arrangement that wasn't compatible with my custom 1/6 Dalton head sculpt....

View attachment 408588
View attachment 408592

Next issue was the scale of the boots I wanted to use for the cello escape scene, they were a bit over scale for the body (compared to jump boots for my PTS figure).....

View attachment 408590

Third issue was attaching the hands. The black gloved hands from the 1/6 Joker Robber (Hot Toys?) figure seem to be made to fit a round wrist and the Sideshow body has a more rectangular wrist due to the wrist pivot configuration.

The leather coat isn't as loose fitting as the coat in the file but I'll go ahead and use it until I can find a suitable/custom made replacement. Also the sweater in the film is charcoal and the shirt ecru, so they will need to be dyed as well.

While not 100% accurate at this point, I think it's pretty darn close using bits and pieces from various figures....

View attachment 408594
View attachment 408596
View attachment 408598
View attachment 408600
View attachment 408602
View attachment 408604

Look forward to your thoughts, comments and suggestions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts