One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Very Hot Protec from the Night Ops SEAL set. Unfortunately, the NVG mount is loose, and the NVG itself swings easily. I would like it to stay positioned in front of the figure's eye, but that's not happening.

Any tips on how to stiffen up tiny joints like that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sometimes just a wink will do it for me.

But seriously, if you don't want to try the "dribble some super glue and keep it moving until dry" routine due to a possible adverse effect, maybe you can use a less volatile compound. How about a wee bit of hot wax dripped into the joint? How about some sewing thread that's been wrapped once around a candle and pulled through to wax it up and wound inside the joint? How about maybe a wee dab of black nail polish in the joint?

Just some suggestions. I can come up with more.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Not sure if it will work on something that small but anytime the joint of a figure/weapon/vehicle etc moves around too much I use fabritac. It won't "melt" the plastic together and so, especially with figures, the parts are still able to move however not so readily as before. The stuff is thick as you know so I'm not sure it'll fit but thought I'd add my two coins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts