One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Barracks Sgt. body, after getting one and messing with it, but my complaint is that it feels too lose. How could I go about tightening the joints so it holds dynamic poses better?

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
The shoulders can be tightened with a screwdriver. I did the super glue trick on the rest of the joints.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Superglue trick? What would that be? I think I have an idea, but I want to get clarification before I go on with it.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
For the arms, tighten the 2 screws in each shoulder. I haven't noticed any loose joints elsewhere on my BSb, perhaps there are other screws or the old superglue in the joints technique. Long time no see bud.

Edit, lol guess thats what I get for typing in between bites of food :p

You just dab a little superglue between the joints and wiggle it around while it sets and keep going til its completely dry. The CA glue will add a little thickness /friction to the joint parts.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
saiko said:
For the arms, tighten the 2 screws in each shoulder. I haven't noticed any loose joints elsewhere on my BSb, perhaps there are other screws or the old superglue in the joints technique. Long time no see bud.
Yea, I've been kinda out of the 1/6th scene lately due to new hobbies I've gotten into, and I'm slowly getting back into it by updating some older stuff I have, either bodies or just plain new stuff.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Cool, good to know you're well then Chii~

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
The super glue technique is when you lightly put some of the glue on the joints to make it harder to move, but not enough to make it stick in that spot forever. Move it around while it's drying so that it won't harden in place. Always remember to LIGHTLY put some glue. Sorry. pardon my english.

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
The first two I bought I had loose joint - especially the wrists. The second batch that they put out, they made an effort to correct the loose joint (I was told by the distributor) and the seem to be better, and they changed the packaging to correct for the nose rubbing on the plastic and having some of the paint removed. The ones with the large plastic cavity over the face are from the second run. It seems that on these ones though, the head that comes with it easily falls off the neck post.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the help! The body I got was the nude from the Show Exclusive PMC, so I wasn't aware of the differences in 1st and 2nd batch. Now I know though.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
klpalivefe said:
The BS body getting many complaints, Is it a defeat of the BS production?
No body is perfect. I absolutely love the range of movement that the BS body gives, so I'm sticking with this imperfection.

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
I agree Chii. The range of motion is excellent. My only real complaint is the shoulders are too wide for my taste. I do almost exclusively WWII and the shoulders are just too wide for that use. But I am seeing if I can do a mod to inset the shoulder joints a few mm's.

I think that with the improvements made on the BS generic body between production runs show that the company is willing to improve the product, and I don't think that's a defeat. While for me it's a little too pricey to use for every figure, it's my first choice for figures that need the extra articulation and range of motion.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
prvtnoclass said:
I agree Chii. The range of motion is excellent. My only real complaint is the shoulders are too wide for my taste. I do almost exclusively WWII and the shoulders are just too wide for that use. But I am seeing if I can do a mod to inset the shoulder joints a few mm's.

I think that with the improvements made on the BS generic body between production runs show that the company is willing to improve the product, and I don't think that's a defeat. While for me it's a little too pricey to use for every figure, it's my first choice for figures that need the extra articulation and range of motion.
Agreed. I like any company that's willing to go back and fix what was complained about however they can, and Barracks Sgt. is that kind of company.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.