One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question is pretty much in the title. Is Ti-Lite still around? I haven't been able to find a website for them. Whenever I try to look them up on Google or YouTube the majority of the stuff I see is knives. I did manage to score a nice Thompson off Ebay not long ago but am now looking for one of their M1 Garands...if they make them. I still see a good bit of Enfields and other bolt action rifles of theirs on the Ebay. Does anyone know of a website for them or any place that stocks their weapons?
Thanks

·
Obersturmbannführer
1,046 Posts
They are completely out of business after a big fire in their workshop happened few years ago. Ebay is the only source now for their weapons...I noticed prices increased almost twice since last year.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn. That sucks. Well that makes sense. About the only thing I can find now are arisakas, mosins, a few german rifles etc. I could understand the price increase. That m1a1 Thompson I got was quite expensive.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
the prices are the same as before...but the variety seems to be down to their ww2 jap rifle and a few ww2 enfields...bummer...

peace
miguel

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the prices are the same as before...but the variety seems to be down to their ww2 jap rifle and a few ww2 enfields...bummer...

peace
miguel
I must have lucked out with my Thompson then. I did see a couple of Gewerh 43's and some other bolt action I didn't recommend. Maybe the more common stuff has long been bought up or maybe they just made a lot more of these rifles you mentioned.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
I must have lucked out with my Thompson then. I did see a couple of Gewerh 43's and some other bolt action I didn't recommend. Maybe the more common stuff has long been bought up or maybe they just made a lot more of these rifles you mentioned.
no ones buying the Jap rifle...it came with several figures already of wood and metal so people haven't bothered to pick that one up. the enfield and gew43 will probably be gone before long...

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Really?

I guess I'm the only one having any luck finding Ti-Lite on eBay. Found their 98Ks, 98K Sniper, K43, K43 sniper, Mosin Nagant, Mosin Nagant Sniper, BAR, M1 Garand, Enfield, M1A1 Thompson. And...Mosin M38 and 44 carbine??? Ti-Lite quality just something new and no these aren't from the Cossack figure set.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really?

I guess I'm the only one having any luck finding Ti-Lite on eBay. Found their 98Ks, 98K Sniper, K43, K43 sniper, Mosin Nagant, Mosin Nagant Sniper, BAR, M1 Garand, Enfield, M1A1 Thompson. And...Mosin M38 and 44 carbine??? Ti-Lite quality just something new and no these aren't from the Cossack figure set.
I have been checking ebay almost daily for them. I did manage to snag a Thompson but that's it. I'd love to have a m1 garand and a BAR but I'm just not finding them. When did you find all these weapons? I'd gladly take a 98k too!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Almost all the Ti-Lite named items on eBay are gone but by changing it up as you did you'll find them. One seller on eBay I go through is Lixili_1 Very pricy for them so it might not be the way to go if you're trying to fill out a squad but for a figure or two it's worth while. I've purchased a few from him and they've all come in Ti-Lite manufactured boxes.

·
Obersturmbannführer
1,046 Posts

peace
miguel
Well, in March 2019, I bought on eBay Browning M1918 BAR and M1903 Springfield made by Ti-Lite. I paid $185 + S&H. And a year or couple earlier I bought same items for $50-$60 per piece...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, in March 2019, I bought on eBay Browning M1918 BAR and M1903 Springfield made by Ti-Lite. I paid $185 + S&H. And a year or couple earlier I bought same items for $50-$60 per piece...
Damn. Nice catch on the BAR. I ordered a 98k and an M1 Garand the other day from a seller that told me these were no brand weapons. But another member here told me that this particular seller actually ships Ti-Lite weapons. Guess we'll see when they get here. Could they be fakes?

·
Obersturmbannführer
1,046 Posts
Damn. Nice catch on the BAR. I ordered a 98k and an M1 Garand the other day from a seller that told me these were no brand weapons. But another member here told me that this particular seller actually ships Ti-Lite weapons. Guess we'll see when they get here. Could they be fakes?
Here are all weapons ever made by Ti-Lite. You can compare.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are those from your personal collection? How did you learn so much about them? How the shop burned and how one of the previous workers is selling some under the guise of SS-Model etc?

·
Obersturmbannführer
1,046 Posts
Yup, these are from my collection. I have about 60 guns made by Ti-Lite. Most of 'em are MP40s and Mauser K-98k, about 10 Mauser K-98k Sniper, 8 Gewehr43 and 4 Gewehr43 Sniper Rifle. I replaced all low quality DiD guns made for old figures and plastic guns made for some figures. All others are just WWII guns ever made by Ti-Lite (I collect only Germans). I knew a guy who worked for Ti-Lite, i met him on eBay in 2011 or so. I bought directly from him many times and his prices were always pretty low, like $20-$25 per item. Last time we chatted few years ago, all news about Ti-Lite i got from him. About SS-Model, he said they used parts from storehouse which didn't burn. Fire destroyed only assembly shop and storage of assembled guns. Owners for some reason decided not to rebuild it and close the business.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Otto, I hate how they didn't restart their business. That's amazing you have so many quality pieces. Why only German guns? Do you only collect German soldiers? I'm recently getting into the military side of 1/6 since I pretty much have the majority if the Star Wars and childhood superheroes I want. I'm going to try to get a good 3R collection going then concentrate on Allied and Axis troops. I'm interested in your collection.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have some wood/metal Tilite, Soldier Story, Did, and the generic no brand Arisaka and Chiang Kai Shek.
I would say only Did is of inferior quality because the wood is heavily stained/painted? and the metal is crudely cast.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have some wood/metal Tilite, Soldier Story, Did, and the generic no brand Arisaka and Chiang Kai Shek.
I would say only Did is of inferior quality because the wood is heavily stained/painted? and the metal is crudely cast.
Even the newer DiD weapons or the older ones?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep the newer ones are not as good too, but it just an opinion. I have the Did Berthier, MP18, M1 carbine, and sold off a Gewehr. They just don't seem as detailed as the other brands. Just compare online photos and you can see the difference. Only the Did Napoleonic pistol is really nice IMO since its hard to see wood grain on the life size versions. If an alternative exists I'd buy a different brand, but it really depends if you want to see lots of raw wood grain, or something less visible which is Did's approach.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts