One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up, guys. Tinister back from the forbidden zone :)

This is the latest custom figure I made. I made 3 of him - each with a different helmet number. All have been sold.

This is a pic of my copy at my office. I'm making a custom motorcycle for him (based on the bikes in the movie).

The body is a modified RAH Massive. Everything was made from scratch except for the gloved hands, belt buckle, and the soles of the boots.

I couldn't find a motorcycle helmet that was the right scale - Plus the ones in the movie were slightly modified. So I made the helmet from scratch.

The suit is a combination of real leather and vinyl. The boot trunk is vinyl.

All the metal details are made from actual metal.

The head is a custom sculpt.

I'll post better pics when I finish the bike. Been swamped with work - again. BTW: the camera was at a slightly high angle - his head looks bigger than it actually is.

Good to be back. Tin

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Anti-Personnel!

I'm stoked with how the suit came out - it took a couple tries to get the pattern right. Not 100% film accurate, but close.

For the bike - I found out that the bikes in the movie were stripped 1971 Triumph Bonnevilles with custom body attached.

As luck would have it - NewRay made a 1971 1/6 model. I was able to get one on eBay.

Now - just need to make the custom body. I want to have a light kit for the headlights, too.

I'll post better pics soon. Thanks! Tin

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
cant wait to check out that bike.

you do realize, youre now going to have to make a 1:6th modified Chaparral race car (or was it a Lola T70 cant remember) and replicate the tunnel chase scene :thumb

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
That has to be the coolest thing I've ever seen! Has anyone else attempted this? You nailed it! I must have a million Q's for you. I've wanted to try my hand at bike leathers for so long now. I'm starting out on small projects hopefully working my way up to something like this. I'd love to see more pictures. It's funny to see that Ultraman behind him, silver on silver. I can't wait for the completed bike.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the compliments, guys!

The RAH body was "almost" perfect for him. If you look at the officers in the movie - they chose specific body types to play the officers. Basically - tall but not skinny, with long legs and arms. And I was told they looked for guys whose heads were slightly small in proportion to their bodies (so that the chrome masks wouldn't look huge when applied over the heads).

The RAH body came with a set of 4 ankle extenders - so with all four applied - the legs became perfect. The RAH body comes with a removed chest extender piece. I had to remove this or else he looked like Popeye once the suit was applied (the suit is fitted to give tapered waist look - with squared off shoulders).

And the RAH head - which at first I thought I could just spray chrom - turned out to have four issues:
1) Slightly too large
2) No eyeballs
3) No "Roman" nose. Broad nose bridge.
4) Neck was too narrow.

In the movie - the masks fit pretty snuggly over actors with smallish heads. And the necks on the masks were trunklike - football player thick.

So I had to make a new sculpt from scratch.

Thanks again. Tin

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anti-Personnel -

You know - my co-worker challenged me to make one of the police squad cars.

I'm tempted to because those things were awesome looking in the movie. But also because you never get to see an officer sitting in them. That would have been cool to see.

I have the name of the sports car they used somewhere, but can't remember off hand.

Have you guys seen the "Directors Cut" version of THX with the new CG scenes?

Tin

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, Phantom11!

I'm a HUGE fan of ankle articulation in my figures. IMO - the ankles are the key to all the cool poses. So I had to make the boots to allow that.

Tin

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Wow, talk about an obscure movie. Be careful ol' George doesn't come knocking. LOL. Great looking figure!

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, Hollowpoint.

LOL. Yeah - it's definitely an oldie but goodie. It's actually one of the very first sci-fi movies I saw when I was a kid.

Had no frikkin idea what it was about at the time - lol - but it is a sentimental favorite of mine.

Tin

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, Tinister!

KEWL figure! You really did an impressive job on everything... headsculpt, helmet, uniform... DAMN! Can't wait to see more pictures. All he needs is a THX to beat on!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
1:6 Casuality
1,122 Posts
F'n Awesome! Nice stuff Tinister.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.