One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd pass along my story of dealing with Black Ops Toys. Back on July 19th, I bit the bullet and paid the BIN price ($30 each) for two loose Hot Toys P90s from the GIGN Operator fig. Well, four days later, I received the usual email from Brian that the items were packed and would be shipped. So I sat back and waited-- in the past, stuff I'd bought from BOT arrived in about 4-5 days. A week went by... no package. So I emailed Brian and asked about the status of the package-- he replied that it had been sent on July 24th and should be arriving any time. So, I ordered another pair of the P90s and paid for insurance on the package. That was August 3rd-- by the 7th, nothing had arrived and I was getting concerned. Brian told me to wait at least a month from the mailing date to allow for the package to get to me, or for it to be returned to him before it was considered lost. So I waited patiently. On August 21st, one of the packages showed up with two of the P90s. To make a long story short, the other package of P90s never showed up, but Brian made things right by sending me two more P90s with a nude figure I'd bought. A truly stand up guy! :) People may grumble about the BIN prices BOT has, but where else can you get such service? I'll continue to buy stuff from him as long as I have money to pay for it! ;)

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
that's great to hear as i've just ordered two pairs of TS NOMEX gloves from him.

however, i'm wondering how stuff can still disappear in the mail... :sadshake it has happened to me before, as well. :mad

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, mail delivery in my rural area is not the best-- the license plates on my daughter's car expired because we never received the renewal from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. I also get mail all the time for a particular neighbor that lives down the road, as well as occasionaly getting mail for other neighbors. I dutifully put it back in my mailbox and mark it as mis-delivered. But it makes me wonder how much of my mail goes to neighbors who aren't as thoughful as I.

One other odd thing-- the one package of P90s I did receive had a postmark for Fairbanks, Alaska, but Brian of BOT is in Oregon-- something was not right at all!

·
Rogue Trader
1,263 Posts
Hey Fred

I don't know how things are where you live, but things get lost in the Post because the Postmen don't give a f%*K....a short story, I've ordered stuff over the net, and I've waited a few days for it to arrive...nothing...so I waited a couple of weeks! ( bearing in mind I ordered from a UK company ) anyway..it started to get stupid so I contacted the company, who told me they had definately sent the item.... (shock!!)...anyway, I thought they were ripping me off...a day or two later, my neighbour turns up and says the postman had handed them a parcel roughly three weeks ago, but they had to go away on business, which is why I didn't get it!!!

If they had been dishonest I may never have seen that parcel, and I would have blamed the company....lesson here! NEVER trust the post...EVER!

·
Plastic Addict
180 Posts
I agree Blackopstoys is a great seller. And the three most import things when buying over the net are: insurance, Insurance, INSURANCE!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
yep. BOPS is a great seller. not too pricey if u take into account the time u might spend watching other auctions.

we get mail ment for other neighbors too sometimes but we just take it to them lol. i do have something from Sideshow that i'm getting worried about as the tracking states it was delivered already!

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
some crazy stuff you guys gotta endure thanks to your post office :( .

i got a story, too: my brother ordered something from the US. he clearly stated that the destination country is Switzerland. apparently, the seller put CH on the parcel, which is correct for Switzerland. however, the shipment took about 3-4 weeks to arrive (normally, it would take about 1 week).

we started to get a bit worried as you never know if the seller tries to rip you off, right? so, after a month of waiting the parcel finally arrived, pretty roughed up, too.

then, on closer examination i discovered the reason for the delay: the parcel sported an exotic "Chile" stamp :knock ! apparently, the US postman thought CH stood for Chile. obviously, the Chilean post office realized it was a mistake and sent it to us.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yes, BOT is the best 1:6th store on eBay, maybe even the whole internet :). I have bought many things from them, usually comes in 4-5 days, i think they once even got a product to me in 2 days. Yay for BOT!!!

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
they are great people with great service. i have bought tons of stuff from them and have not encountered any problems. he even reimburses me when the shipping is not as high as he charges. that alone is a rare quality in a seller.
:thumb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts