One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Saw this on my feed and I don't know what to make of this.

sure sure - it's all about the way the picture was taken, the lighting wasn't ideal and most likely the hair needed to be touched up, dependencies at the factory, weather causing the end product to look nothing like the promo, she had too much junk food from the factory on her way to the store, maybe had a but too much pot..Did I miss out on anything ?

I'm not sure if any amount of styling, fiddling and futzing can fix that though. Have not seen any other in hand pictures yet but boy, this takes the cake. Anyone else have in hand pictures yet ?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks pretty much like her promo pics, the only thing botched is the eyes are too high & brows too faint. Hair can be styled with a dab of gel.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Looks like another face sculpt, and not the original cast. I POed this figure and I hope it won't turn out like that. They had better not goof up on their good original sculpting quality. Because if they do, no one will bother with their latest offering - "Game of Thrones" - Arya Stark.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Looks like another face sculpt, and not the original cast. I POed this figure and I hope it won't turn out like that. They had better not goof up on their good original sculpting quality. Because if they do, no one will bother with their latest offering - "Game of Thrones" - Arya Stark.
keeping score on the Headsculpt Failure/Success ratio:
Daenerys - one/zero
Commander Lin Mae: two/zero
Arya Stark: ThreeZero???

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
OH, WELL . . .

It's an epic

FAIL!

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
keeping score on the Headsculpt Failure/Success ratio:
Daenerys - one/zero
Commander Lin Mae: two/zero
Arya Stark: ThreeZero???
HAHAHAHAHA that was good!

The sculpt does look the same (its the fringe/hairline throwing it off) but the paint is definitely not as good and the hair is.... in need of a lot of work to say the least.

Again I am sure the photo is not the most flattering but there is a visible difference. Will if better pics make it look any better or not

The cape is completely different though...

·
12,923 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA that was good!

The sculpt does look the same (its the fringe/hairline throwing it off) but the paint is definitely not as good and the hair is.... in need of a lot of work to say the least.

Again I am sure the photo is not the most flattering but there is a visible difference. Will if better pics make it look any better or not
--

You mean PhotoShop the actual head sculpt to make it look better to convince collectors to buy it and then be disappointed/duped when they receive it?

;) :p

The fact and reality is that threezero will continue to do the same thing and there will be those who'll still continue to buy it under some warped pretense that threezero will improve as long as they're supported.

Such rationale is like some warped dependent sadistic relationship.

A collector friend eagerly waited for his. It arrived. He is utterly disappointed and now selling it. He did the exact same thing with Daenerys.

·
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only other figure i bought from them was their Halo offering where I sold it off right away and did not look back.
This is the only other one from this company and I PO'd this one mainly for the full female body armour as I do not think anyone else has done a female body armour of this sort yet.

Don't have it in hand yet so time will tell if it is not a complete disappointment.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Compared to the prototype, the new image does look frumpy. But the sculpt does not seem that bad. I think the hair bears improvement (hair products?) and the photo itself is not as sharp. Hopefully, this is it, and the final product will not be that bad. I suppose only further photos and an in-hand review can tell for sure.

·
12,923 Posts
Compared to the prototype, the new image does look frumpy. But the sculpt does not seem that bad. I think the hair bears improvement (hair products?) and the photo itself is not as sharp. Hopefully, this is it, and the final product will not be that bad. I suppose only further photos and an in-hand review can tell for sure.
--

MORE in hand photos.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
From the same source... The hair (if that is how it comes out of the box) definitely does not help and seems to me (I am no expert) that it is not easily fixable. Harder to tell about the head sculpt, though it certainly does not look as sweet as the prototype in these photos.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
--

You mean PhotoShop the actual head sculpt to make it look better to convince collectors to buy it and then be disappointed/duped when they receive it?

;) :p

The fact and reality is that threezero will continue to do the same thing and there will be those who'll still continue to buy it under some warped pretense that threezero will improve as long as they're supported.

Such rationale is like some warped dependent sadistic relationship.

A collector friend eagerly waited for his. It arrived. He is utterly disappointed and now selling it. He did the exact same thing with Daenerys.
I saw really terrible pics of the Daenerys but in hand it was much better (still not prototype level good but right in between) so will wait for more pics to see how this one looks before spazzing out and calling them the worst company ever.

Threezero are definitely missing the mark though. That cape especially is completely different from the proto and they are having trouble matching the prototype heads so feedback needs to be sent their way (be it constructive criticism or cancelled orders). I think their male figures are usually better but the new female line is making me concerned. Time will tell.

At least their non human female figures are still good for the most part.

Lucky for me I only ordered Daenerys. I might grab Lin Mae loose/cheap for the armour as I love that part of the figure but the rest is not needed.

On FB there were pics of the next GOT figure (Arya Stark iirc) and there were loads of people saying the head sculpt on the proto looked crap (it does look like a poor match to the actress I gotta say) but I guess 3Z put themselves between a rock and a hard place: They show an amazing proto and no one will believe they can match it now and will not order. They show a less impressive proto and people will complain it is trash and not order it.

Everything hinged on making Daenerys and Lin Mae perfect and they failed so perhaps they should move away from fem-figures until they can get their manufacturing up to scratch or maybe move away from early pre-orders and move into fixed production run/ in-stock sales only. Either way, balls in their court.

@apotheosis: not to be that guy but technically the Halo figures were 3A not Threezero, but they are sister companies and share production lines so they are kinda the same people.

·
12,923 Posts
Let me put it this way.

I have a SPECIES "SIL" on pre-order.

Granted, she's an alien.

However, I'm not holding out hope and contemplating cancelling it.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Let me put it this way.

Granted, she's an alien.

Well, it might be worth voting with your wallet and waiting for in-hand reviews before re-purchasing. I mean, you said yourself 'those who'll still continue to buy it under some warped pretense that threezero will improve as long as they're supported', I will not PO any more of their fem figures either, will wait for better in hand pics before buying. Gotta put money where our mouths are

·
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw really terrible pics of the Daenerys but in hand it was much better (still not prototype level good but right in between) so will wait for more pics to see how this one looks before spazzing out and calling them the worst company ever.

Threezero are definitely missing the mark though. That cape especially is completely different from the proto and they are having trouble matching the prototype heads so feedback needs to be sent their way (be it constructive criticism or cancelled orders). I think their male figures are usually better but the new female line is making me concerned. Time will tell.

At least their non human female figures are still good for the most part.

Lucky for me I only ordered Daenerys. I might grab Lin Mae loose/cheap for the armour as I love that part of the figure but the rest is not needed.

On FB there were pics of the next GOT figure (Arya Stark iirc) and there were loads of people saying the head sculpt on the proto looked crap (it does look like a poor match to the actress I gotta say) but I guess 3Z put themselves between a rock and a hard place: They show an amazing proto and no one will believe they can match it now and will not order. They show a less impressive proto and people will complain it is trash and not order it.

Everything hinged on making Daenerys and Lin Mae perfect and they failed so perhaps they should move away from fem-figures until they can get their manufacturing up to scratch or maybe move away from early pre-orders and move into fixed production run/ in-stock sales only. Either way, balls in their court.

@apotheosis: not to be that guy but technically the Halo figures were 3A not Threezero, but they are sister companies and share production lines so they are kinda the same people.
Feel free to be any kinda guy you like.
I don't see the difference even if they are sisters or an off-shot of a parent company. If they came from the same people - they are the same people.

Let me put it this way.
Granted, she's an alien.
I feel you - but on the bright side, how far off can the headsculpt be ? lol..no wait - oh heck anything is possible at this stage !

Side note : coincidentally - the great wall is on HBO now..first time watching (parts of it) - monsters attacking the great wall ?!

·
12,923 Posts
Feel free to be any kinda guy you like.
I don't see the difference even if they are sisters or an off-shot of a parent company. If they came from the same people - they are the same people.

I feel you - but on the bright side, how far off can the headsculpt be ? lol..no wait - oh heck anything is possible at this stage !

Side note : coincidentally - the great wall is on HBO now..first time watching (parts of it) - monsters attacking the great wall ?!
--

Fantastical History?

OR

Historical Fantasy?

OR

Hollywood Rubbish Financed by Chinese Investors?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts