One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
And, now we know that his hair was cut following capture.

I'm in for this one.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
With two head sculpts.
As I've already said in the previous thread on this subject, I really don't like Thor 1 or 2, and think Hemsworth would be more suited to playing Groot, he's so wooden!
The trailer for Ragnarok started ok, but have to say it looked truly awful again in equal parts... the watering-down of the Norse mythology is truly terrible, but even worse than that... the line "He's a friend from work!" ...seriously? :urp This is what they've reduced Thor to? The Norse God of Thunder... son of Odin, cracking jokes like the stereotype dumb jock from a poor 80's high school movie?
Sorry, but the MCU is now blurs into one for me and it's become terribly dull... as the Dragon's say "i'm out!"

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
As I've already said in the previous thread on this subject, I really don't like Thor 1 or 2, and think Hemsworth would be more suited to playing Groot, he's so wooden!
The trailer for Ragnarok started ok, but have to say it looked truly awful again in equal parts... the watering-down of the Norse mythology is truly terrible, but even worse than that... the line "He's a friend from work!" ...seriously? :urp This is what they've reduced Thor to? The Norse God of Thunder... son of Odin, cracking jokes like the stereotype dumb jock from a poor 80's high school movie?
Sorry, but the MCU is now blurs into one for me and it's become terribly dull... as the Dragon's say "i'm out!"
Oh, I agree with you. But Cate looks awesome as Hela.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
With two head sculpts.
Agreed, but that multi-horned spiky helm is going to be crazy fragile -- probably has to be diecast, but even then... I didn't realize until this trailer how much the Blanchett Hela is going to be in line with classic Kirby design. Hope they have her being genuinely mystical and not just doing acrobatics and fistfights. Does the MCU even have a Balder at all for their storyline to ever happen?

·
Plastic Yank
2,333 Posts
I bet you don't like the songs in Lord of the Rings, either. ;)

Works for me. :green

In all seriousness, I'm rather glad that they're going full-on sci-fi from the looks of things...makes some of the casting choices slightly less cringeworthy...

Also, anyone else notice Karl Urban dual-wielding ARs there in that one shot? :ar15

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
What a trailer! It looks like an amazingly good time. I can't wait. I've been reading Thor since the 80s, but I have no problem with them updating it for the times & tastes. Thor was goofy as hell back then including a plot where Thor turns into a hammer-wielding frog. Meanwhile, the first two movies took themselves extremely seriously. This looks like a good change of pace.

And Karl with the M16s is taken straight from an old Thor cover!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I love the trailer(especially the soundtrack used) <3, looks like a nice change from the usual Thor movies. Hela's antler helm could go either way, hard: diecast, but it's gonna be heavy, soft: rubbery vinyl, light but prone to warping if not packaged correctly.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Wow, look at all the views and comments. I'm going to start posting all my movie trailer threads in this forum from now on. :b

1 - 13 of 13 Posts