One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI folks assuming I get my Asmus teen girl soon I'm working on a scene which will need some bones / skeletons etc in 1:6 to be honest they don't have to be fixed together or jointed , just bones. any one have any suggestions?

Also while we are on the subject I'm thinking of getting the "evil Skull" and using it with my Red Death , does anyone know if this is hollow as I would like to add lighted eyes and I'm thinking of space to fit the 2mm leds.

·
Registered
488 Posts
"The Bones Book and Skeleton" was sold in book stores. You can still find it online but be careful because most sellers only sell the book alone- it's a small book that comes in a clear plastic tube type package with a very good skeleton model. It's perfect 1/6 scale and probably the only decent skeleton available in the scale- very realistic. It's softer plastic and snaps together very easily. Attached is a photo but it looks much better than is shown in this photo.

Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Halloween is around the corner. You should check Michael's or Dollar Store. They have 1/6 skeletons figures. A little dusty weathering will do the trick.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Yeah, just cheap rubber skeletons that are around 1/6 would work for a dio, the Bones Book & Skeleton is becoming a collectable in it's own right now a days, getting very hard to find in Europe and very expensive on Amazon etc.. I'd save that for a complete build like I did with my Grave Digger Ghost Rider etc..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks guys I think I prefer the idea of plastic versus real bones. So think ill keep looking Like you say Halloween us just around the corner

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
At Michaels in the US and Canada, also at this site in the UK: TH93596 Tim Holtz Idea-ology™ Boneyard 12 Pkg - Country View Crafts
There is a skeleton model for sale at Cotswold Collectibles which seems to be the same one mentioned several times in the response above. Since it is something you put together, you might find it useful for custom sets of bones. Not too expensive either.
Skeleton Model with Book | 1/6 Scale Male Civilian Bodies | 34
Cool useful links guys, thanks!

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Some cheap skeletons

The first one is the former 99¢ fully posable skeleton that Dollarama to have, but about ten years ago. Head a bit cartoony, body awesome for the price. I was collecting figures then but I wasn't doing photoshoots, so I only bought 3 of them. If I could do it again I'd buy at last 30 and I'd do one massive Jason and the Argonauts army.

Second up is the same skeleton from the Book set mentioned above -- just giving you a bit of a better look than the official promo pics. The joints on it are very fragile. Similarly there's the skeleton that comes from a Visible Man hobby kit but I can't find mine right now: The Visible Man - YouTube

Bachelor # 3 is a sample of the kind of rubber skeleton that you can generally find in stores now - most are about ¼ scale, but at least this one is 1/6-ish. Might actually look better cut up as bone parts. This one was either "Spirit of Halloween" or Dollarama. Our Bachelorette is a left field choice -- Skelita character from Monster High. The head's not suitable for anything but a cartoon, but notice that the body actually isn't bad, maybe a usable background skeleton though only for small or a child. She cost me $2 at the thrift store.

I love these skeletons that Michaels has right now, I think they're new this year. They aren't posable but they're 1/6 and the "religious" poses are great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts