One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

This is what I know thus far.

The figure is comprised of ABS, metal (60%), and PVC.

The MSRP is approximately $220.00 USD.

The release date is approximately 2ND QTR 2018.

--

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
Nice! I hope Takara is not filing for copyright infringement anytime soon. I'll definitely buy multiple and Tittoys, please make a cloth version for the uniform. The fake leather will crumble in 1-2 years.

·
12,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What can I say, I have been a little out of the loop with the holidays..... But dang! I hope they do the military armour in black also, as Takara never did it!
--

If I remember correctly, Takara Tomy did produce one for the female interpretation/version (matte black) of the character design as a COOL GIRL offering, Washio Midori. They didn't produce a version in black for the male interpretation/version.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
--

If I remember correctly, Takara Tomy did produce one for the female interpretation/version (matte black) of the character design as a COOL GIRL offering, Washio Midori. They didn't produce a version in black for the male interpretation/version.

Takara did the female cop in grey, gloss black and matte black, the male cop in matte black but with 3 head variants and finally the JGSDF military armour in green. they planned to do the military armour in black as well and with additional accessories (hence the many attachment points on the military armour) but those versions never came.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks like they just took a genuine original Takara release and weathered the armor/changed headsculpt/included metal ammo belt for the photos..................

The rubber hose that connects from the chest armor to the mask tends to rot awy over time and you can see signs of cracking in the 6th photo.

That being said, any addition to the Kerberos Saga is more than welcome!

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
Looks like they just took a genuine original Takara release and weathered the armor/changed headsculpt/included metal ammo belt for the photos..................

The rubber hose that connects from the chest armor to the mask tends to rot awy over time and you can see signs of cracking in the 6th photo.
Not sure if that's cracking, I think they're using ribbed rubber hose. I'd prefer they use metal mesh instead of rubber but that's for kitbashers I guess.

·
12,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think all/some of the body armor will be/is metal.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
I still have my original Takara, it's one of my favourite figures.
Absolutely, still an awesome figure a decade later.

The idea of new Kerberos figures (even if just re-release or recast) is exciting but like others have said, that is just a customised Takara one in the above pics from what I can tell (weathered, head added, different bullet belt) so it makes me wonder what the final product will look like. Will it be an identical copy of Takaras, will a copy with the weathering etc shown and certain parts changed to metal (that would be an upgrade) or is this just a mock up and the final product will be different in look but similar??? And is it really 60% metal?

·
12,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Absolutely, still an awesome figure a decade later.

The idea of new Kerberos figures (even if just re-release or recast) is exciting but like others have said, that is just a customised Takara one in the above pics from what I can tell (weathered, head added, different bullet belt) so it makes me wonder what the final product will look like. Will it be an identical copy of Takaras, will a copy with the weathering etc shown and certain parts changed to metal (that would be an upgrade) or is this just a mock up and the final product will be different in look but similar??? And is it really 60% metal?
--

We can only wait and see.

It'll get produced and released based on sufficient pre-orders in Asia and from elsewhere. Its final design and quality could be different than what is pictured (i.e. the old bait and switch tactic). As with anything/everything, proceed with caution.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
--

We can only wait and see.

It'll get produced and released based on sufficient pre-orders in Asia and from elsewhere. It's final design and quality could be different than what is pictured (i.e. the old bait and switch tactic). As with anything/everything, proceed with caution.
yeah, I am used to stuff not being like the protos (I usually subtract 10-20% quality from proto and decide if it is still worth getting, 95% of the time that works great at avoiding disappointment, with the odd exception) but in this case I am not sure we are looking at a prototype but rather a mock-up, so hard to judge what the difference will be. Cautious for sure.

·
12,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, I am used to stuff not being like the protos (I usually subtract 10-20% quality from proto and decide if it is still worth getting, 95% of the time that works great at avoiding disappointment, with the odd exception) but in this case I am not sure we are looking at a prototype but rather a mock-up, so hard to judge what the difference will be. Cautious for sure.
--

From my experiences and observations throughout the years, I don't know if the term "prototype" really applies anymore. I believe "mock up" tends to be more applicable compared to "prototype".

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
--

From my experiences and observations throughout the years, I don't know if the term "prototype" really applies anymore. I believe "mock up" tends to be more applicable compared to "prototype".
true, mock ups for PO's is kinda more common nowadays. I guess avoiding PO's is only way to be 100% sure, but occasionally that means aftermarket mark up prices, so it is a gamble either way. I miss the old days before PO's took over

·
12,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
true, mock ups for PO's is kinda more common nowadays. I guess avoiding PO's is only way to be 100% sure, but occasionally that means aftermarket mark up prices, so it is a gamble either way. I miss the old days before PO's took over
--

IMHO . . .

POs is a forced necessity,

I remember when POs were not necessarily the norm. Back in the day, what 1:6 vendors there were pretty much gauged the demand/interest from 1:6 collectors in terms of knowing how much (quantity) to order. Of course, more competition in terms of 1:6 vendors added changes/complexity to the calculations.

I believe the emphasis and necessity for POs for figures such as the new Kerberos Jin-Roh figure and others is due to the following based on my observations.

1. Sideshow bad, good, indifferent was a juggernaut in terms of pre-orders with very liberal cancellation and return policies. They had policies that smaller 1:6 vendors could not necessarily match. Uitimately, a notable number of collectors and factors changed that where constant/rampant cancellations due to losing interest and/or due to eventual word of production and quality issues affected Sideshow's bottom line and how they changed their pre-order cancellations and returns as well of which many griped about.

2. Diminishing returns, lower production runs, and higher prices. I believe most of us know what this is.

Some still have a less restrictive PO policy, but POs nowadays is a determining factor on if a product receives enough orders to be produced and how much of it is to be produced.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The females are definitely my favorites as well....Never got any of the male versions added to my personal collection yet but maybe one day.
Here is the review from Michael Crawford's from many moons ago for those to compare to this one on promo...

ENJOY!!!!

Kerberos Kia Tetsurou - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

From what I remembered, they made I think 3-female versions and 3-male versions in total.
I have only seen the two females and two male versions personally.

SMcG
smcgcustoms.com

·
12,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
As far as I know, Takara Tomy produced a total of seven (7) figures based on KERBEROS JIN-ROH. Three (3) female figures under the COOL GIRL series and four (4) male figures. If Takara Tomy produced more other than what I know/listed, then I haven't seen them/recollect them.

FEMALE

• PROTECT GEAR Washio Midori | June 2005
  • PROTECT GEAR Washio Midori (German Grey Version) | September 2005
  • PROTECT GEAR Washio Midori (Matte Black Version) | September 2007

MALE

• PROTECT GEAR Koshiramaru Chuichi | December 2006
  • PROTECT GEAR Todome Koichi | June 2008
  • PROTECT GEAR Toribe Soichiro | June 2008
  • KERBEROS SAGA Kai Tetsuro | March 2009

I personally own 2-3 of each figure EXCEPT for the KERBEROS SAGA Kai Tetsuro (missed buying it). I purchased all of my from Hobby Link Japan back in the day. All are still MIB/NRFB and kept in a temperature controlled room. Over the years, I check the boxes and the contents by lifting the box flap to view the contents displayed in the box. No deterioration at all (thank God). I've been tempted on occasion to list them on eBay, but not yet.

The Kai Testuro version is on eBay used listed at over $400.00 USD. Yikes.

I wouldn't mind finding the first original version made by DML some years ago if it's still MIB/NRFB and the price is right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts