Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Irvine Marriot Hotel

Near the Orange County Airport

1800 Von Karman Ave.

Irvine, CA 92612

Sunday, March 2.

9 a.m. - 3 p.m.

---------------------

Mac just reminded me that this show is THIS weekend.

The West Coaster is a 1/32 toy soldier convention. However, there are 1/6 items to be found.

Our very own Brady and Monkey Depot attend. Hopefully this year will be no exception.

Build-A-Rama, where the netting came from for that last scratchbuilt ghillie featured here, is a regular attendee as well, for those who may be looking for cross-over items in scale. Mark is always eager to talk hobby, and may welcome ideas for potential 1/6 projects if feasible. But keep things realistic, nevertheless. I've heard people ask him for some pretty silly things over the years.

The usual routine is that the main show in the hotel ballroom takes place on Sunday. From Thursday through Saturday, the various dealers in attendance that have rooms booked in the hotel open their rooms up on the three dedicated floors for shopping, etc.

Lots of fun, lots of deals, lots of stuff. I go every year. I much prefer the room-trading days, and plan to be there on Saturday.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's actually 18000 VonKarmen.

It's a toy soldier show, primarily but, a good show for finding cool stuff. I'd be there but, alas, I can't get away for the weekend. The paid admittance part is on Sunday in one of the banquet rooms downstairs but, there is room trading today and tomorrow up on the floors where the exhibitors are staying. The best deals are to be had today and tomorrow in the rooms. You get to wander from room to room and peruse the wares in each room. It's well worth the trip if, you have any interest in this sort of stuff at all. There is no charge to do the room thing, beyond parking and you'd have to pay for that Sunday too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.