One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threezero announces their next sixth scale figure license: The X-Files. The long-running sci-fi series has seen a revival of late, with a six episode mini series that aired early last year and another ten episodes recently announced to run in the 2017-18 television season.

Threezero teases that the first figure to see release will be Agent Fox Mulder as played by David Duchovny. Of course the team wouldn;t be complete without Gillian Anderson's Dana Scully, so expect an announcement on her figure in the future.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Not sold on the sculpt but still good news. i will def be interested in dana scully if they do her figure right.

Some creatures would be good too (reptillian alien, grey alien, the tapeworm creature, eugene victor tooms maybe.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not sold on the sculpt but still good news. i will def be interested in dana scully if they do her figure right.

Some creatures would be good too (reptillian alien, grey alien, the tapeworm creature, eugene victor tooms maybe.
The problem is that it's Threezero. While I generally like their stuff, their release schedule is so random it can be frustrating. I don't even mean the time between preorder and release, just the odd timing of things. You can have 3 Game of Thrones characters announced in the same year, or one Walking Dead every other year. Or just altogether weird things like the zombie pack mules before the main characters, or my personal annoyance, following Guts with Skeleton Knight rather than, well, anyone in the Band of the Hawk or Femto.

I just hope they don't release Fox, then a year or two later Skinner or John Dogget and Scully in 202X.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
I feel you there... But I think as they grow in popularity and their sales numbers increase so will their production. Once they can get more time dedicated to them in the factories (or their own dedicated factories) then production will be able to take place on more figures at a time.

I do however feel that their strategy (e.g. The walker pack before any ot the main characters) is strange. It could perhaps be due to character likeness issues or licensor sign off perhaps, who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but I think they have done moderately well with their Game of thrones line so I suspect it may be license issues and factory scheduling that is doing it. It doesn't make much sense otherwise.

I still find ThreeZero more exciting than HT though at the moment, because they have more variety of licenses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts