One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Havoc said:
Not sure I understand what you mean by "without taking the measure of the butt stock", but an M4 runs from 29.75" to 33" depending on whether or not the stock is extended. A standard issue M4 has a 16" barrel length.
Havoc, thanks for the info..~ Basically i just purchased an air soft rifle(spring) made by Wells (cant afford $200+ rifles yet) and was wondering whether is it a real 1/1 scale or 1/2 scale..~ The box states that it's 1/1 but a friend of mine insist that it's 1/2 scale...~ So hope you guys could help me out...~ :D

It's Wells' MR-733...~ Or as link below:

http://www.blazingtoys.com/products/btsrmr733tac.html

http://airsoftsuppliers.com/jieke/MR-733.htm

·
aNYthing
3,801 Posts
Hey Paper I got the same one, I hope you didnt pay too much for it.
You can get it cheap here: www.tngdirect.com

Its 1:1 scale based on the Colt Commando.
It has a copy of a SIR arms carryhandle mount.
I painted mine so it would look closer to how SIRs look.

But since I bought a M4 LPEG (low powered electric gun) I dont plink with it too much anymore.

·
Registered
25 Posts
DunkleGelb, thanks for the confirmation and the link..~ So it's 1:1 scale based on the Colt Commando...~

Though from the link you provided, it shows with selling price of $18.99....unfortunately, i bought them at $65.79...~ Guess i was ripped...~ : (

Ya, i know how it feels like once you have Electric Powered...~ ;)

Nonetheless, thanks a lot..!! : )

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
JEBUS! That MultiCammed M4 is Siiiiick!

G

·
Maaaaan! Some nice shots of M4's and other like systems. Its pretty sorry to say that I only got to carry the M4's papa....the XM177...yeah I'm old but not that old....

And the only thing I carried with me on my last assignment was this little thing!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Four_Bravo_9 said:
It looks like a 20 round mag
I asked a question around the 20-round / straight mags in the Force Recon stickied thread. Essentially, why would someone choose a 20-round instead of 30-round magazine? I've seen straight (as opposed to curved) 30-round mags in some pictures as well. Someone suggested these might be simunitions; is this a good assumption?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Jinxxer, some prefer the 20 rounders for shooting under/around obstacles. I havent ever had a problem with the standard 30 rnd's mag but we do carry one 20 rnd...as far the current shorty barrel rage. We went to 11" barrels several , several years back and all we heard was stupidity about shortened range, penetration etc. Again, never had any problems with a short barrel but we dont go below 11" .

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Some guys like 20 round mags when they are shooting from prone positions or using a bipod on the rifle because 30 rounds mags are harder to change in that position when you are using a hard surface to stabilize the rifle. Simunitions use specialized mags made on clear plastic along with specialized uppers. If you have ever seen the Blackwater Sniper video on YouTube then you will see that the shooter actually has the mag well open so the 30 round mags will fall free.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's my new Toy, it was one of the first things I bought after I returned
from my DynCorp gig in October. Bushmaster M4A3 W Ïzzy flash supressor EOTech 512, VLTOR Stock, Vtac sling and MAGPUL P mag, and a GG&G BIUS.
The pistol is a Springfield Armory XD 45, one of 2 XDs I own. One of the great things about living in Nevada is I can go into my local True Value, buy a gun and leave with it that same day.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts