One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
The scope is the PVS-10. Basically, it is a hi-tech sniper scope. My snipers have mixed feelings about it, but I think its an okay piece of equipment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
question on the 6.8mm

For the 6.8mm rifles, do you need a new follower in the mag to allow them to be inserted into it, or do you need a mag fit the round?

Thanks,

James

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
This is the little black rifle that I prefer

This one makes me smile pretty damn big when I am at the range as well

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Sweet find Dunk!
This should go in the "Great" M4 thread.

Nando

·
slowhand
916 Posts
now this is simply awesome. At that length and at that cailbre... sweet piece of weapon.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Very Nice. "Shorty" barrels are becoming the norm these days in urban environments. I knew a guy in Iraq that had a 7" barrel on his M4. It looked like a pistol.
Diamondback tactical is now offering a line of prebuilt upper recievers in their new catalog. For $1000 you can purchase down to a 9.5" barrel upper reciever.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
That comparison shot with the MP5: Was that M4 supressed? If not, what's with the fat barrel?

·
I ride the short Herc'
507 Posts
If you look between the vents of the forward rails, you can see the barrel. It is silver in color and looks to be a 7 or 9 inch barrel, with a suppressor threaded onto the end about 3 inches short of the end of the foregrip.

That's a heavy barrelled and quiet room broom. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Say, could anyone let me know on what's the average length of an M4 Carbine..? Without taking the measure of the butt stock..? Thanks a bunch...!

·
Lurker .... or somefin
5,301 Posts
Those guys Dunkle are part of the Border Patrol dudes. BASX posted a link from Military Photos a few monthes back with those.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
PaperClipZ said:
Say, could anyone let me know on what's the average length of an M4 Carbine..? Without taking the measure of the butt stock..? Thanks a bunch...!
Not sure I understand what you mean by "without taking the measure of the butt stock", but an M4 runs from 29.75" to 33" depending on whether or not the stock is extended. A standard issue M4 has a 16" barrel length.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts