One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
i draw pictures.....
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Again Guys,

Well here's something I did recently. Saw the Classic Movie Apocalypse Now for the hundredth time and always loved this character, who is in the movie only for a few minutes. He left an indelible mark on my brain. "The Roach" played by Herb Rice was a seminal character (for me) in Francis Ford Coppola's Vietnam Masterpiece Movie. Well here's my take on the "Roach".
"Go get the Roach *****!!"

"The Roach"

Grenadier

Do Lung Bridge
Nung River

Vietnam

Apocalypse Now

just some reference images-

Thank you for looking
namaste
miguel

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I think a whole lotta people liked The Roach, as you say, far out of proportion to his screen time. The bridge segment was so surreal, and he was like a zen blooper guy. As with all of your work, Miguel, just outstanding.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
I don't think I've ever said the same thing to the same person so many times - you are a master.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
I think a whole lotta people liked The Roach, as you say, far out of proportion to his screen time. The bridge segment was so surreal, and he was like a zen blooper guy. As with all of your work, Miguel, just outstanding.
Yeah, that is one of the scariest scenes in the movie to me, where everything is really going sideways. Really nice figure too. You've really done him justice!!

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
This is some stellar work. I like how natural everything looks and hangs off of him. The paint job is great as well.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
- Hey soldier... do you know who is in command here?
- Yeah.

Haha, awesome!
The Roach also left an indelible impression on me, fantastic figure!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts