One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zombie Slayer 1st Class
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a big fan of "historical fiction" and "alternate history" scenarios. This is my first kitbash from what I like to call "The Resistance: UK 1945".

This is based loosely on a series of historical events outlined by Robert Harris in his novel Fatherland. I took liberties with the basic premise and decided that Hitler would not honor the peace agrement with Edward VIII.

Here's an updated group photo of the three figures I've kitbashed so far...

From left to right in the photo:
George Adams, a machinist from Manchester. George joined the resistance movement after his only son was killed during the Battle of Dover.
Major Jack Sinclair, OSS operative. Major Sinclair helped organize and arm the resistance during the early days of the German invasion.
Charlie Jones, the youngest member of the resistance movement. Charlie was living on the streets of London after his parents were killed during the Blitz. Major Sinclair took him off the streets and trained him in clandestine operations.

This kitbash project is one of the most enjoyable I've done. It is a real challenge to find "civilian" clothing. I might have to breakdown and start a Partisan unit to operate in the countryside so I can use British uniforms and German weapons and equipment.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Looking good:) The idea behind the figure is very creative ( great place to build some more figures from ) That shadow you mentioned is fairly easy to kick out by throwing a light above and just behind the figure ( to either side ) Those shadow issue always get tricky - but the pics look good.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Very cool idea, me like a lot. I love resistance fighters, I've always rooted for the underdog.

Have you ever read any Harry Turtledove? I am also a history fan and recently a fan of Alt. History because of two Turtledove books. The first was The Great War: American Front, and the one I'm almost done with Worldwar: In the Balance. The second one had such a weird plot I had to read it - Right after the USA gets involved in WWII the planet is attacked by aliens.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Interesting concept there, though it would be great if you can somehow effect a better visual distinction to establish Charlie's national identity since the figure still strongly resembles the DiD Hitler Youth figure. I've been reading the Young James Bond novels and much of the 3rd book, "Double or Die" takes place in pre-war London and deals with issues on foreign enemies (a literary Bond staple) and a prequel of sorts to real-life war time events. What's interesting though is how the book features the London underworld (there's even a cameo from a historical American crime boss "visiting" at the time) and the brigade of young cockney toughs from the depressed sectors of London who serve as Bond's allies and were not that unlike the Baker Street Irregulars in the Sherlock Holmes stories. Check this out:

Speaking of books with alternate WW II histories, there's also "SS-GB" by Len Deighton. Similar to "Fatherland" (I only saw the mini-series and have not read that book), the alternate reality in SS-GB, the German defeat and occupation of the UK, serves as the background to the main story, but much more so that the whole political issue of that situation doesn't figure into the plot at all, at least not at a high level. I did not really understand or see any strength in the author's point, but I did enjoy how the story was set in London immediately after the war.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Really creative idea and I enjoyed your figures. Remember, we all have to use bodies from somewhere. I don't think the nationality of the original figure necessarily detracts. Keep at it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.