One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is an appeal to DID and 3R manufacturer for them to make this:

"The Great War" Centennial Commemorative set of Manfred von Richthofen, The Red Baron.
:thumb

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
A DiD figure of him would be a great choice. Centennial of his death would be April 21 2018 so they'd have reasonable time to get it done. Also Av8torJoe that's a great bust, it would be a perfect model for the details. I have and I like Sideshow Red Baron for what it was, but it's pretty dated now. And I always regretted letting the GI Joe figure (comics based) slip through my hands because the seller at a show wanted slightly too much -- my big mistake. A new figure of DiD quality and the two existing ones sure would make an interesting display contrast.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted this on one of my Facebook Aviation Group and the response have been overwhelming! :thumb

Just hope DiD & 3R are viewing this thread?
;)

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
A whole line of WWI aces and aviators would be very welcome. Just imagine McCudden, Ball, Nungesser, Guynemer, Richthofen, Voss, Luke and Rickenbakker, just to name a prominent few, done up properly to today's standards. That would be a sweet line of figures and as aviators of that era, they wouldn't need to be overloaded with gear, hopefully keeping the prices down just a bit.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
A whole line of WWI aces and aviators would be very welcome. Just imagine McCudden, Ball, Nungesser, Guynemer, Richthofen, Voss, Luke and Rickenbakker, just to name a prominent few, done up properly to today's standards. That would be a sweet line of figures and as aviators of that era, they wouldn't need to be overloaded with gear, hopefully keeping the prices down just a bit.
I like the way you think and "Great minds think alike, Sir Scimitar!" :thumb

You know if I only had the "seed money" and a venture capitalist to help me finance and start a 1/6th company, I'd definitely
make all of the above figures you've suggested and then some. I know it's a niche market but I definitely know that
there are legions of serious aviation collectors out there with disposable income I can cater to!

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
I like the way you think and "Great minds think alike, Sir Scimitar!" :thumb

You know if I only had the "seed money" and a venture capitalist to help me finance and start a 1/6th company, I'd definitely
make all of the above figures you've suggested and then some. I know it's a niche market but I definitely know that
there are legions of serious aviation collectors out there with disposable income I can cater to!
I think you may be on to something. I used to be into 1/48 WWI aviation modeling and there is a fair amount of reference material and other resources available to WWI aviation enthusiasts that are pretty much unknown to the mainstream because it is such a niche hobby. But being a niche doesn't really mean that there wouldn't be room for a very profitable 1:6 business. Some of those guys are heavily into the hobby with plenty of disposable income because a large number of them are professional pilots or other professionals that fly as a hobby. A number of the pilots in the hobby also build flying 1:1 replicas and such. RC enthusiasts also make up a large number of those enthusiasts as well and that is an extremely expensive hobby. Periodicals, like "Over the Front", "Cross & Cockade", the "Windsock" publications and a few others are incredibly in-depth and mostly hobbyist produced. Now that I think about it, I'm curious to know what coverage was received from those sources concerning the few WWI pilots that our hobby has seen produced. I'm no longer into scale modeling and I don't collect the magazines and books on WWI aviation anymore but I'm still very much interested in the era and the mythos surrounding the prominent personalities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts