One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From new years plans thread in Jan 2015 from MWD My plane is to build a new Queens Throne Room diorama for my Queen Aurora for a photo shoot if I can find the right props? (the throne chair) Yeah it took awhile.

The late King he was previously married & and one daughter Hannah before he met Aurora, Hannah's mother the Queen was fatally injured one day in a horse riding accident when Hannah was a child. Fortunately Nikki & Scarlett both worked for the Great King at that time.(working around the castle at that time) They both volunteered to help raise her. Nikki has a lot of experience raising children, Nikki raised her little sisters since she was 15. Nikki eventually became like the over domineering & over protective mother & Scarlett on the hand became like the very cool older sister with the best toys & always tried to make time to play Hannah. It became a lot easier for Scarlett to spend more quality time with Hannah when she was old enough to hold sword, also she also had a sparring partner that she couldn't easily scare off. Now Princess Hannah is almost as good with a sword as Scarlett is.
Hosted on Fotki
Left to Right - Queen Aurora - oldest sister Nikki and Top Military Advisor and Princess Hannah.
Hosted on Fotki
On the left next to Queen Aurora is Scarlett AKA The Red Warrior & the Queen's Top General and on the far right next to Princess Hannah
is Red Sonja Queen Aurora older cousin.
Aurora is the youngest sister to Nikki & Scarlett. unlike her older sisters Aurora has zero fighting skills but she is a very accomplished animal veterinary because of her love for animals
So one day when the Kings horse came up ill Scarlett (the Kings top general) naturally thought of her little sister Aurora, When Scarlett introduces Aurora to the King, the King was instantly smitten by her.
After a long courtship they were finally married. Unfortunately years later the King was killed in a great battle in which Nikki & Scarlett barely escaped with they lives. Queen Aurora now in her early twenties.
When Aurora and Hannah finally met there was a lot of resentment on Hannah's side at first for this new lady! But after the King death that brought the two closer together. (Aurora is just a few years older than Hannah)
Hosted on Fotki
Up front are the are the palace guards.
Any questions, comments?
Thanks for looking
Baddog

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Re: The Queen's Throne Room a WIP

Those are some very fancy chairs in your throne room. And your monarchs are certainly well-attended. Good job. I just got one of those tridents, which is currently hogged by a stormtrooper until I box them away.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts

Looks awesome, imposing. One feature that's really effective is that ceiling, something you don't often see in 1/6 displays. Some kind of small low ornament fixture might look good at the sides of the the red stair runner, giving it a bit more visual definition.

The throne chairs look great and I like that you've made one black and one white, for distinction. Who makes those? It's hard to find a chair like this that's in good scale and looks serious and substantial (and not Barbie or Monster High etc). You might consider a matte spray on the white one, as if it's fabric it shouldn't be too glossy. You could also emphasize the grooves and buttons on the chair back but it's probably unnecessary as they look excellent as is.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Nice bash! I couldn't recognise the outfits of Aurora, love the breast armor of Nikki (from where?)and noticing Hannah 's outfit comprising mostly of the Huntress's attire with a breastplate I couldn't recognise!
Great background layout with the stairs, the red carpet, and the nice ceiling!

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Those are some very fancy chairs in your throne room. And your monarchs are certainly well-attended. Good job. I just got one of those tridents, which is currently hogged by a stormtrooper until I box them away.
Thank you.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Looks awesome, imposing. One feature that's really effective is that ceiling, something you don't often see in 1/6 displays. Some kind of small low ornament fixture might look good at the sides of the the red stair runner, giving it a bit more visual definition.

The throne chairs look great and I like that you've made one black and one white, for distinction. Who makes those? It's hard to find a chair like this that's in good scale and looks serious and substantial (and not Barbie or Monster High etc). You might consider a matte spray on the white one, as if it's fabric it shouldn't be too glossy. You could also emphasize the grooves and buttons on the chair back but it's probably unnecessary as they look excellent as is.
Thank you it's very much appreciated, my nephew (he's a carpenter) and I completely rebuilt the ceiling just a few months ago to get rid of the support pillars for this set.
Hosted on Fotki
The Before look, it had a bow in the center but of course when I set up Ada's office again next month I will put the support pillars back in I don't think her office will look
right with out them?
Hosted on Fotki
Ada's office I also recently acquired a couple of matching sofa chair for in front of her desk, the small low ornament fixture sounds like a cool idea but not sure what to
look for?
The throne chairs are from HAOYUTOYS.
HAOYUTOYS 1/6 Scale Black Single Sofa Chair Model F/12" Action Figure Body Doll | eBay
A very crude mock up of the Queens platform.
Hosted on Fotki

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Nice bash! I couldn't recognise the outfits of Aurora, love the breast armor of Nikki (from where?)and noticing Hannah 's outfit comprising mostly of the Huntress's attire with a breastplate I couldn't recognise!
Great background layout with the stairs, the red carpet, and the nice ceiling!
Thank you, Aurora outfit is from Evil Xena Armageddon Now Part II Warrior Princess Doll, Nikki's armor & chain mail is from PLAY TOY 1/6 Scale P012 Princess Knight Action Figure and Hannah's breastplate outfit is just one piece of jewelry earring. (yeah I got really lazy on that one LOL)
Hosted on Fotki
PLAY TOY 1/6 Scale P012 Princess Knight Action Figure Doll Model | eBay
Hosted on Fotki

·
Registered
968 Posts

Dude!!!! Everything about this is 100% awesome. I love the set, the story, the mics on the heads!!!! I'm jealous and wish I had your collection. Congratulations and fantastic work.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Dude!!!! Everything about this is 100% awesome. I love the set, the story, the mics on the heads!!!! I'm jealous and wish I had your collection. Congratulations and fantastic work.
Thank you it's very much appreciated, it all started with Scarlett AKA The Red Warrior back in Oct 2013 when I wanted to build a fantasy Amazon Warrior and her back story of her being a gladiator and it has seems have really snowballed since then.
Hosted on Fotki

Wilma and Valkyrie are two of my top favorite figures.
Hosted on Fotki
Hello Everybody I'm Wilma and I'm Valkyrie. Wilma - Welcome to this Massive Combat Room, We will be your Sports Commentators for todays match.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Hosted on Fotki
Queen Aurora friends & family wanted to raise toast to the good friends here on OSW!
Hosted on Fotki
Uh oh, looks like someone had too much champagne, so please don't over do it.
Hosted on Fotki
Sparta - in a slurred speech happy new year, er where am I???
Scarlett - Really Sparta, no more champagne for you!
Red Sonja - OMG!
Queen Aurora - I just knew it, I should have given her the sparkling cider instead!
Princess Hannah - giggling
Valkyrie - Oh WOW!
Sparta, hiccuping & giggling
Thank for looking
Baddog​

1 - 18 of 18 Posts