1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Man... That's great work.

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Nice, simple vignette. I'd love to see some outdoors shots :)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Really nice presentation. He must not be staying long, or had to dig in hasty. The cobblestones gives a good feel of being just off the pathway.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Or he is dug in for a little while more, what with the sand bags.......

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Great job! Lots of tiny details there. I like the way you've done his rifle, and the scarf is great.

I think the freckles need toning down a little, unless they are small wounds where he caught gravel in the face from a nearby blast?

Is that a cap badge on the side of his helmet? I've never seen that done before.

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,194 Posts
This is great : we ought to see more men in foxholes, which is after all wherethey spent most of their time in the frontline.

But I think you should paint his helmet the correct dark khaki green colour.
Polished helmets like that may indeed survive today as relics, but when issued , they were painted, and mostly covered in sacking and nets as well.

But otherwise a nice scene

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Tony
I proceed to place the helmet
I'm glad you like it to other !!! happy new year!!! :hifive

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Always point/position your rifle AWAY from your comrade.......

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Great update! Very natural poses, and I love the hand grenade box - I assume you made it? I'd like to try and make one - where did you get the details?

By the way, you might want to look at tightening the web anklets - they are always too loose if you use them straight out of the box. In real life they kept debris out of the top of the boots, and also added some ankle support so they were fairly tight

You should also look at 'Blanco'ing' their webbing. Tony did a great tutorial here - Sixth Army Group :: View topic - British " Blanco" and its use on webbing equipment

1 - 13 of 13 Posts