One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
That's very interesting, although it would definitely have to be an "outdoor" thing. Such a set-up would be huge.

And, what the hell would one do for track? G scale's too small...waaaaaaay too small and is the biggest I've ever seen prebuilt. Any sort of workable set-up would have to be hand made, spaced, laid. It'd be a lot of work.

And, I noticed he didn't have dimensions on any of the engines. That leads me to believe those are still pipe dreams or works in progress at best. So, with what would one pull those marvelous cars?

Even sitting on over an acre of land, I'd have no space for something that big.

Still, it is intriguing to me. Thanks for the find and for sharing it, CobraTrooper.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
To emulate North American 1:1 rail gauge (4 ft, 8-1/2 inches), 1:6 rail would have to be 9.416 inches apart (face of rail to face of rail).

Here is a site where you can see the relative size of railway equipment (among other things) in 1:6 scale:

http://www.vonabt.co.uk/gallery.htm

G

·
that is cool...imagine a working 1:6 subway system running underneath the house, just for the figures...

...very cool

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
I think you will find these are real enough. There is a big part of the Railroad hobby in the US devoted to trains you can actually ride on. The gauges chosen are usually around 7 to 10 inches and the tracks are often real miles long. These are serious hobbyists who spend many thousands of dollars on really big models and layouts. 1:6th scale ? Pah small fry !!

Check out Train Mountain in Oregon, or look up 7 inch gauge miniature railroads.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts