One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
At end i customized my own Omega Man figure.
I know many people did it too but i take my time to custom also the first Omega Man... Vincent Price in the b/w film The Last Man on Earth!
See both in the pictures token with my cellphone (sorry for the quality).
Thanx a lot to all the people that help and specially to THEOCBubba (dude, i still owe you one!)

Attachments

·
Zombie Slayer 1st Class
231 Posts
The only thing Chuck is missing is the USAF officer's visor cap. Now you need to customize a Jeep for him to tool around in.

Great thing about Chuck Heston from this era, one HS can cover sereral movies: The Planet of the Apes, The Omega Man and Soylent Green (three of my favorite movies).

·
The Plastic Castaway
1,493 Posts
Yeah the Vincent Price version is awesome. I liked Omega Man also (not as much as the first movie though), but the Will Smith movie did nothing for me. It just seemed empty and shallow.

I've thought of making my own Price figure from that movie. Is that the sculpt from "The Raven" figure?

·
Designer
93 Posts
will smith movie was the best, i do think they could have have real actor's instead of CGI. To me it was modern update. Vincent Price seem to efiminate and Charles' at times overacts .

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Its just a shame that after THREE TRIES they STILL haven't gotten Matheson's book right :)

And for the record I like all three films.....I love the Chuck Heston one (sooooo late 60's/early 70's) and I also love the Will Smith one, for completely different reasons.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Gone man.... Solid Gone.... I love the nostalgic feel to both of them.. I saw the OG Omega man with Charlton Heston as a Kid.. Heard about the Vincent Prices version. You did an excellent Job capturing the feel for both...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys, thanx for your great support and kind words.

The Omega Man is one of my favourite movies too and even if i loved the Vincent Price film, i think now it's very dated and the Heston one is still very enjoyable after the years.
I found I am Legend (the Will Smith film) very exciting in the first half hour but when the new vampires jump in the screen the film turns in another Will Smith's film charged with ugly fx. Well, maybe i'm getting old....hehehe.
I'm now planning to custom two or three members of "the family", Anthony Zerbe and the rest, but a Rosalind Cash (Heston love's interest) will be a must. Any idea?
I think there's a big problem when you try to find a black female figure and an asian one too. I need Pam Grier, Faye Wong and Meiko Kaji !!! Dyanne 'ILSA' Thorne too!

Ok, calm, i will try to post soon a new topic with some of my figures related to the Hong Kong movieworld. My other passion.
'Till now.. thanx again and keep up the good work.

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Thanks for doing the Vinnie Price version, always liked him and the film is really very good. I like your Heston a lot too, and another good film. Great job!

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only thing Chuck is missing is the USAF officer's visor cap. Now you need to customize a Jeep for him to tool around in.

Great thing about Chuck Heston from this era, one HS can cover sereral movies: The Planet of the Apes, The Omega Man and Soylent Green (three of my favorite movies).
But Chuck didn't wear the USAF officer's cap with that outfit; just his uniform and the blue jumpsuit from the end of the film.

I like to refer to those films as "CHUCK HESTON: SCI-FI HE-MAN OF THE 70's"

Nice work, rick nation.

Any chance of a parts breakdown on those bad-boys?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts