One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It saddens me to report that long time member of the community Chung Kim (aka DeltaForceChung) has passed away. I know very little details, aside from the last time we spoke (thru email about a month ago) he hadn’t been feeling well. While he was often times a controversial member, his knowledge of the hobby was indispensable. I for one will miss him. My condolences go out to his family in this tragic time.
I'm fairly new here, don't know who he is but may he rest in peace!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Haven't been here for a very long time, but have to voice the shock and sadness from hearing the news. Simply put, OSW and the other groups/forums DFC frequented definitely feel quite a bit different without him. You may not agree with (sometimes even get annoyed/offended by, to say the least) what DFC said and the tone he used, but no one can doubt his passion and continuous commitment toward the hobby. A true collector indeed.

R.I.P.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was one of the last ones to talk (or in this case FaceBook message) Chung before he passed that night, I met Chung face to face in the early 2000's when the Carolina Joe group got Mike Cherry (he of the enhanced Hasbro GI Janes) to attend one of our meetings, He and a few others from Florida hauled butt up to columbia,sc .we hit it off and traded figures, opinions and posted from Alt.toys.gi-joe (the 1/6) group to OSW and at least 6 other groups at one point. He was highly opinionated and wouldn't budge an inch unless you could prove him wrong, which happed only a couple of times. I helped him set up his table when JoeLanta rolled around and shot the bleep and watched him haggle, wheel and deal to get his latest 1/6 fancy... and we were discussing doing it again in September when the next show is. People would give us a look and wonder what the 6'3" deaf ******* and the 5 foot Korean with a bum leg were laughing about... picture Abott and Costello , that was us. (I'm not in the picture, alas)
Clothing Hair Face Smile Head

·
Registered
60 Posts
I never expected to have to write anything about him. Most of the time it was some kind of debate. He did have his own opinion and spoke with his own voice. I have to respect that.

No matter the controversy he had his point of view. Once upon a time, we debated the crazy idea of actually using seamless figures with rubbery skins as action figures and he was adamant that they were a bad idea and could never work.

He eventually came around but many things were a battle.

On the other side, he did introduce common sense into discussions that no one should have debated...albeit in his own abrasive way.

Independent voices like that are always missed when they go silent.

Or as DFC might have asked: So what happens to his collection now? ;)

Reactions: cdn_rhino

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts

·
God Bless America
1,532 Posts
RIP, DFC.
Another board old timer passes.
He will be missed.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I found out DFC died when I started seeing a ton of hard-to-find old 1/6 items popping up on eBay a few days ago. The seller is selling off Chung's collection and had a tribute to him in the description. I remember DFC from as far back as the late 90's on message board we both went to. Very sad to hear he passed. RIP DFC

21 - 35 of 35 Posts