One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It saddens me to report that long time member of the community Chung Kim (aka DeltaForceChung) has passed away. I know very little details, aside from the last time we spoke (thru email about a month ago) he hadn’t been feeling well. While he was often times a controversial member, his knowledge of the hobby was indispensable. I for one will miss him. My condolences go out to his family in this tragic time.

·
Super Moderator
6,792 Posts
Sad news indeed. RIP DFC.
DFC liked to stir the pot and make people think, but he was also a knowledgeable member of the community, especially when it came to Triad Toys. I'll leave this post here in the Main Discussion area for everyone to see for a while before I move it to the Hall of Honor. Thanks, Stryker2011 for letting us know. I know it's tough making announcements like this.

·
Ranger
1,157 Posts
Damn. He was an old school collector. In the game for a long time. Always demanded more from the companies and wanted them to up their game.

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,052 Posts
Very sad news. He was one of the most active members on this forum for many years. I just looked, it said he had 12,972 posts. He definitely helped keep this hobby alive. May he rest in peace.

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,052 Posts
Man...really sad news. I was wondering why he had not posted in quite some time. Yes he liked to stir the pot...but I shall miss his posts and him... RIP....
I was also wondering why he hadn't posted just last week. In fact, I searched to see when he had last posted. And then I saw the news posted on Facebook and I knew why. Very sad to lose one of our own.

·
Head in the clouds...
1,466 Posts
Very sad news. He was one of the old gang in the hobby who spoke his mind regardless of the consequences. He will be very missed.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Like so many said here: he was a jerk, an ass, and an opinionated butthead. We bumped heads a lot, more so recently over the last year, and he rubbed people the wrong way a lot and got the occasional side glance. He was a defender of Traid Toys even when the ship was sunk and at the bottom of the ocean. R.I.P Chung, you weren't the greatest of OSW contributors to deal with, but you were still a fellow collector

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wasn't a fan of his, but I did read his posts in the way one would rubberneck at a car accident. He was the king of unpopular opinions. Said lots of weird crap IMHO. But he was undeniably passionate about the hobby, and added lots of colorful content to whatever boards he frequented.

Not sure what underlying conditions he had. All I know is he had a janky leg and walked with a cane.

I didn't like him, but I wish his soul and family peace, mostly because I'd hate to be haunted by his restless soul. j/k
RIP, DFC.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts