One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· sits in a loose parts box
7,180 Posts
I saw the movie too, I'm not gonna go into the whole gear debate. There was one thing that stood out for me, and that was the way they depicted their physical ordeals and their deaths, which was really getting to me.
I watch really gory brutal movies and I am really not easily phased, but this was really something different. It might be due to the fact that it was a small group of people so it was easier to "connect" in a way to them and see them all go through it (and knowing it really happend somewhat close to what was shown).
It was really hard to see. Even when you compare it to Black Hawk Down, that didn't get to me just as much.

Edit: I have read the book twice before seeing the movie, so I can see how some of the elements might have appeared to be rushed, particulary the beginning of the book vs the beginning of the movie.

7,180 Posts
Also, the falling scenes were weird and almost comical due to how drawn out they were, and with all the jump cuts.
I have to respectfully disagree, I didn't feel a second like it was comical at all. Maybe that's because I once fell down about 100 feet of mountain side (roughly the same angle) myself, it feels alot longer and it hurts like f($k, and nobody was shooting at me and there were less rocks.
It hurt me just watching it.

7,180 Posts
How can anyone not look upon people such as Marcus Luttrel and his team mates and not see a hero?
It's a difficult topic really, but I can understand your sentiment. I can't understand it either, I mean even if you're against the war, if you're against the politics.
So at the most basic level a fallen soldier is a person who died doing their job, so in my opinion, even if you don't respect the profession, everybody deserves the simple respect of giving their life in the line of their service whichever that may be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.