One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Lurker
339 Posts
-The helmets they initially wore on the mission were non ballistic (they have holes in the top for ventilation). That doesn't seem right. For training they'd be fine but operational? I think not.
-When they were debating what to do with the shepherds, they didn't consider taking them with them. On the other hand they didn't necessarily show how difficult mountainous terrain is and leading tied prisoners through that type of terrain might haven't have been an option as well as the risk that they would yell for help or compromise them in some other way.
The bump helmets were accurate to what SEALs were using at the time. What bugs me is why they weren't wearing them. It would be a bit sensible to put them on when you're in rocky terrain and you could fall off a cliff and hit your head...

As to taking the shepherds with them, one did have a radio. If someone in the village noticed that three guys didn't come back after the regular amount of time, or if they were supposed to maintain radio contact periodically, someone might go out looking for them while assuming they were lost or something bad happened to them. More problems.

I thought the movie was alright. The suppressed rifles sounded right, they all fired single shots, and overall it was a good "based on" action movie.

I didn't like the fact that they didn't really show us anything about how badass the SEALs were supposed to be. They show us a compilation of their training, and I guess the audience is supposed to assume they are all the perfect warriors. I haven't read the book, but there could have been a 10-15 minute segment at the beginning of them in Iraq of a sniper mission, or a raid, or something to show how professional and efficient the SEALs are.

The ending was a bit anti-climactic. It just seemed a little too Hollywood for me.

I don't really understand why they were pushing dirt in their wounds. Why wouldn't they have med kits?

Also, the falling scenes were weird and almost comical due to how drawn out they were, and with all the jump cuts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.