One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
I saw it at the beginning of the week, thought it was pretty good. Apparently, Berg had to rush thru parts of the story to have time for the mission to be portrayed in detail. The opening lacked the focus and delivery of the prelude of The Kingdom , and seemed like any number of cable shows on Hell Week. They have only so much to work with, given the loss of three of the team, how much Marcus Luttrell could see in that difficult terrain, and all that he endured. From the insertion, to his being found by the villagers, is the best part of the movie.

I got the impression that the helmets were used for fast-roping in to rough terrain in darkness, and as a platform for the NODs. Switching to boonie hats indicated to me that they expected the mission to be reconnaissance, with no engagement. In stealthy movement in the wooded, mountainous ground, helmets would have some disadvantages.

As previously posted, there lingers the question of the bad comms situation, and of what reasons and/or conditions resulted in the lack of any communications support assets over the area.

If perhaps a bit less than it could have been, overall, a film not to be missed, for honoring brave men

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
I wonder if the air assets in the movie were New Mexico ANG, or from neighboring states? Possibly, they went with what they had, rather than having access to 160th SOAR aircraft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.