One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"IF" I had not procrastinated this would have been my entry to the SciFi contest. Next year I won't be so damn lazy.:bag

... from the note book of Lt. Col. A. Lee DeRush Earth Defense Force AREA9

The Krait

After we nuked the alien base in the desert all hell broke loose. We in all ignorance believed the desert base was our only threat, we couldn't have been more wrong.
The desert base was only a scout group for an armada of alien races collectively called the Commune. The Commune has, as far as we can tell, at least 33 different races.
One of the most nasty of these races is called the Krait. The Krait are used by the Commune as hunter killers and sometimes scouts. They are faster then humans and have been clocked at over 35 mph. They have much better eye sight, and are not effected by any of the planet's climates. So have no problem tracking humans even under the worst conditions.

From the alien races sympathetic to us we have learned a few things about the Krait species.
They are made up of a large group of waring tribes. Only their service to the Commune keeps them from killing each other. They have a strong sense of honor but only value courage and battle prowess, they despise cowards. And, any species showing cowardess is of no value to them and seen as fair game to be used as food, sport or whatever...

Personal warning on dealing with the Krait... Never ever run from a Krait, it only excites them. If you stand and fight you have a slim to nothing chance of coming out in one piece. If you run, reports have shown they will torture a victim for days before eating them.

If you want to see more pictures and a few WIPS here is the link.
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/BlakJak13/Krait/?start=0

Thanks for looking :cheers

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. The praise means a lot. I've been kicking myself over this contest. Next year...

gaiagear - guess I need to add the Arrival to my must see list.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great words! I would have said more about him yesterday but I was a little brain fried from work.

The base body is Dragon, it was the lightest I had. This isn't the first critter, there was a prototype using a DiD body. That one was so heavy it broke the legs. I used the chest from a cheap skeleton and glued it to the Dragon body.

The armor is mostly from the Final Fantasy figures. The neck and upper shoulder armor is from a KUSA figure (the toe armor split on the seam) and the shoulder bells are from a Sigma 6.

The weapon is cut down from a Final Fantasy gun with a Lego connector as the barrel. The ammo belt is tread from a 1:32 scale Stuart.

The legs and head are Super Sculpy II. The hands and neck are wire armatures. The horns and arm spikes are quills from a porcupine and the eyes are beads. I covered the whole thing with white glue and tissue paper to give him a skin texture.

I learned a lot while working on this guy. I wanted to do something new, so I tried techniques that were brand new to me. I am very happy with the end result.

My only regret, besides not having him finished on time, would be not doing more in the pictures. I did my best to keep the figure's full range of motion, the hands, neck and jaw are also articulated.

Glad you all like him. I already have plans to make more critters using the techniques I learned on this project.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.