One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Freakin' Dude!
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back in 2005, Lanard released a very unique 1:6 series called the K9 Corps! Large figures that most shared parts but were original and quite decent sculpts. The purpose was to have a totally different concept and to get youngsters into 1:6 collecting, whether that happen is not known but fans and collectors alike such as I will remember the fun time collecting these anthropomorphic canines! I am thankful that I have the entire set except the vehicle that I was not interested in. Here is some pics of ALL of the characters in the series!

The Good Guys!

Magnum!

Eclipse!

Rabid Fang!

Bull Dozer

General Taurus!

Dr. Davis Elliot!

The Bad Guys!

Malice!

Greyslash!

Each character came with a special bio card and even a special Video CD!

Group Shot!

Bonus character I got to go with them a few years later!

Ultra Corps. S.U.B.

For size comparison!

Well, there you have it, I hope you have enjoyed this blast from the past! If you have questions just ask Me! Comments, feedback and replies will be appreciated. Share your memories and stories as well!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I remember hearing about these. I appreciate your marching them out, they are pretty impressive in detail, and definitely imaginative.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I remember these but never knew Lanard made them.

Pity that Lanard is now just a shell of what they were. I think all they make now is the regular CORPS stuff which uses sculpts that are very simple, and have done so for years. I wish they'd bring back the RAH type Joe bodies and they could probably appeal to the vintage Joe collector big time if they did.

I started collecting the WOW Girls line, a female figure line they made that's Joe-compatible, and it was mostly a decent line, though it had some issues- the hands couldn't really hold accessories, they were only sold in expensive multipacks and the packaging ranged from bland to ugly. But as of now it's a very hard line to collect as they aren't particularly easy to find for whatever reason, and it's hampered by another goofy decision Lanard made- even though they used bodies similar to Joes, their thighs and torsos were glued together. This makes it impossible to simply take them apart and piece together a mint figure from various copies. So finding mint copies is really not easy.

·
Freakin' Dude!
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I remember hearing about these. I appreciate your marching them out, they are pretty impressive in detail, and definitely imaginative.
Thanks Dog! Yes, back in 05 I saw them on MWC and I thought they were so cool and I just had to have them and I'm so glad I got them! I wanted all of you guys to either know about them if you hadn't already or to see if they'd bring memories back. Your right Dog, they are indeed impressive and are quite imaginative. Still to this day they hold up to their own!

Wild figures, man!
Indeed!

I remember these but never knew Lanard made them.

Pity that Lanard is now just a shell of what they were. I think all they make now is the regular CORPS stuff which uses sculpts that are very simple, and have done so for years. I wish they'd bring back the RAH type Joe bodies and they could probably appeal to the vintage Joe collector big time if they did.

I started collecting the WOW Girls line, a female figure line they made that's Joe-compatible, and it was mostly a decent line, though it had some issues- the hands couldn't really hold accessories, they were only sold in expensive multipacks and the packaging ranged from bland to ugly. But as of now it's a very hard line to collect as they aren't particularly easy to find for whatever reason, and it's hampered by another goofy decision Lanard made- even though they used bodies similar to Joes, their thighs and torsos were glued together. This makes it impossible to simply take them apart and piece together a mint figure from various copies. So finding mint copies is really not easy.
Yep, Lanard did make them and IMO these are the best figures & greatest line they ever made. Hasn't been anything at the stores like them since!

I got the Malice head in a trade lot a few years ago, always wondered what it came from. Cool figures, i'd love to get some heads for customs.
Well dude, now you know:) Believe Me, having him complete is awesome! Customs would be great but not sure where'd you get them online.

WOW nice collection ))) I love this figures but I have only one

General Taurus incomplete :dunce.
Oh General Taurus is quite cool, if you ever do see the rest of him I suggest you get it when you see it, he makes a really cool character.

Wow interesting concept, amazing you have all the figures and what did the vehicle look like?
Oh man, it was difficult getting them all. In 05 I got Taurus & Elliot @ K-Mart and the rest in a GINORMOUS box from K-B Toys.com right after that like a couple days later. I was so glad I got them when I did because a few months later they were all gone from those stores and I never saw them again!

The vehicle included Magnum which was the same identical figure. It looked like a cross between and tank and one of those swamp boats (can't think of the name right now). It was the only one Lanard made for the line. It's a shame it didn't come with a new character especially a villain. The series never went any further than what you see in the pics above. Thanks for the reply dude!

Um, thanks Jcast (& Data).

AUGHHHHH! I still kick myself when I think about how I did not buy those when I saw them on sale at Kmart, on clearance, a number of years ago!!
I know the feeling dude and that's why I wanted all of them then cause I knew that I would be doing that in the future!

some sick puppies.
They are aren't they?

One more thing, Taurus & Elliot came with a special large device that you would stick ALL of the dog tags in it and it would say info about that character. I couldn't find them in My stash but whenever I get to them I might post some pics of 'em!

Thanks for all the replies guys!

·
The K9 Corps Fan
17 Posts
I just came across this thread now and wow I thought I was the only one who seriously collected them
Nice to see another K9 Corps fan out there :thumb
I have all the figures as well except the accessories for Taurus and the Dune Scorcher vehicle.

·
Registered
747 Posts

An evil scientist tests his newest invention, a Hi-Freq animal controller, to force Greyslash and the Yeti to fight each other!

The evil scientist protects himself with a force-field as the battle continues!

The two monsters are locked in combat!

The Yeti begins to gain the advantage!

Needing the creatures for further experimentation, the evil scientist winds the battle down.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
"I hope you have enjoyed this blast from the past!"

Yes in deed. Never heard of these guys. But what a cool bunch of figures. Im assuming the charaters Personalities reflect those of the Dogs Head sculpt given to them. I can see that Rottweiler Head on figure geared up Like The GI Joe's RoadBlock. I bet these Cats could Kick the Ninja Turtles But! Sorry Just the Kid in me. If I had them, There would definitly be an encounter with the Turtles...:lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts