One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following on from that Iraq movie thread, thought I would post this - starring one of the most underrated actors around, Jeremy Renner (RIP Sgt. Doyle!).

It's directed by Kathryn Bigelow (Near Dark, Strange Days, Point Break) - here's the synopsis

'Inspired by true events and recently declassified information, The Hurt Locker follows an elite Army Explosive Ordinance Disposal team in present-day Baghdad that fights an onslaught of bombs and snipers. Renner will play the leader of the team, while Mackie and Geraghty are members of it. Fiennes is a mercenary; Pearce is another member.,

Ralph Fiennes plays a PMC!

Check the poster out!

Attachments

·
UNDER THE RUCK!
435 Posts
the poster reminds of the clip of blackwater in Najaf! and Ralph Fiennes look remarkably like that PMC in that blackwater video. It'll be interesting to see how this movie goes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
At first i thought this looked like a good movie but then i heard it
was like super-negative and that the americans shoots civilians and
stuff like that and there's allready like a hundred of those movies....
I hope i'm wrong though

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I enjoyed this movie, some of it was a bit wonky, but I didn't find it all that detracting.
They seemed to try and get a bit more meat into a 'war flick,' don't know what else to say.

On a side note, I met Mr Renner after an AFI event in Dallas, he was really cool and approachable.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Saw it last night with Hardcase and it was a really enjoyable watch. This isn't a all-action thrillride, but a tense psychological character study, that just happens to have lots of things that go bang and boom. Jeremy Renner, provides a great, understated performance (I think he must have liked wearing ACUs after 28 Weeks Later). The number of brief appearances from well known and respected actors was impressive, and each was VERY memorable. As already mentioned, Ralph Fiennes as a PMC team leader, Canadian hottie Evangeline Lilly, David Morse, and Christian Camargo (Rudy in Dexter Season 1, as a painfully out of his element Army psychologist). As I mentioned, they all appear very, very briefly, but each performance is so solid they provide lasting impressions.

If you haven't already done so, check it out.

From a basher's point of view: Some great material here. Unlike some flicks which end up being a commercial for a brand, the gear used looks like a nicely mixed bag. Any one looking to bash Renner's character, SSGT James will have to dig out their woodland Interceptors and MICH covers. I think the closest headsculpt out there right now for Renner is BBI Renegade, although the face is a little heavy, it'll do in a pinch.

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
I liked it very much. No political BS, just a dynamite and tense thriller. PIVOT gave the best review of this film so I'll leave it at that. Good acting, good plot and good cinematography create a great movie.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Intense and grinding probably best describe the feel I got from it. As said, some good acting, and an admirable amount of respect for the fates of the Iraqis (much like the approach in The Kingdom). The same for the troops, and the "Fort Apache" lives they have to live. The best pics deserve a look on the big screen, and that includes this one.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just got back from seeing it. This movie rocked! I'm pretty sure this is the best flick I've seen all summer. Good humor, psychologically enthralling, and exceedingly interesting. Go check it out and enjoy yourself for a couple of hours.

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just read that Jeremy Renner is in talks to play Max Rockatansky in the fourth Mad Max film!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts