One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't'cha just LOVE it when you spend 200 bucks on e-bay and a week later (after you half-remember what you ordered) this little, rinky-dink ass package shows up with about 15-20 parts.

I ain't complaining, but sometimes I just have to laugh out loud in a half-sane way when I realize what I spend to make these damn figures... :grinroll :eek:wn

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I got a package today also.

·
Uncle Sam's Trunk Monkey
873 Posts
Amen to that lol

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Clay and I were just talking 'bout this - the none-too-subtle escalation of what we pay for our hobby. That a number of members from the old 21C/bbi/DML days may well have quietly slipped out of the hobby as prices rose above what they felt was worth the fun. That while there isn't a weekly release of numerous modern figures, overall there's more coming out in various genres than most folks can deal with.

High-end complete (or near-complete, LOL) figures, expensive but detailed uni and gear sets, custom sculpts, and loose gear for bashes that's often pricey and hard to get, this is a large part of today's hobby. A smart alternative, tho rarer because of time and effort needed, is the guys who're making a lot from scratch.

In the end, it's mostly quality over quantity. The one part I prolly miss the most, are the low-end "starter" figures, the seed for future enthusiasts.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Just think of your rinky-dink ass package as a 1/6 steamer trunk or shoe box as a 1/6 closet full of 1/1 goodies! :jump4joy

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Yeah PD, I do hear what you are saying. I remember when I could get bbi figs for 30-40 bucks CDN when I first started out. Now its 60 CDN. I stayed awat from the "high-end" figs (like Hot Toys) because I just couldn't afford them. Times have changed for me so now the HT stuff is in my finacial reach. But for the low end starter figs or the stuff to draw in the new collector, just isn't there anymore.

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Yeah, it's sure it strange to get a small padded envelope from Hong Kong after spending $120.

I especially agree with what Mike said...
pukingdog said:
The one part I prolly miss the most, are the low-end "starter" figures, the seed for future enthusiasts.
Now with Hasbro essentially out of the 1:6 game, that mostly leaves Power Team to carry the starter figure flag. But there's a sizable gap in cost between them and the next level full gear kit at no less than $40.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Those would count but they are not available in Canada. TRU up here is much too concervative. Not too many war toys in our TRUs.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.