One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 476 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the aim of this thread is to work together and piece by piece build an ODST figure. A lot of members seem (like me) to be crying out for one. We could try scratch-building armour, sculpting or modifying bits and pieces. Jaztermareal was kind enough to post me one of the Mcfarlane helms to mould and cast.
They're cast a bit thin in places, but judging by the few times I'v already dropped them, they seem tough enough.

Thanks, Peter.

·
noob
401 Posts
When it comes to weapons, I think they should have removable clips, and moving slides.

As for the McAffy helmet (that's how I like to abbreviate McFarlane), I don't like the bumpy texture of it. I think somebody should either modify it, or make one from scratch.

A question: Do 1/6 heads slide in easily through the hole in the resin casts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When it comes to weapons, I think they should have removable clips, and moving slides.

As for the McAffy helmet (that's how I like to abbreviate McFarlane), I don't like the bumpy texture of it. I think somebody should either modify it, or make one from scratch.

A question: Do 1/6 heads slide in easily through the hole in the resin casts?
Unfortunately the helmet will definitely have to separate in order to get a head inside it. I was thinking of solid casting it and seeing if I can widen it slightly, then re-casting it.

·
noob
401 Posts
Unfortunately the helmet will definitely have to separate in order to get a head inside it. I was thinking of solid casting it and seeing if I can widen it slightly, then re-casting it.
You know, I have no problem with a helmet that has to open like a clam shell. I've always liked the way the Power Ranger helmets do that, and they're not shy about it. It also allows for a much more snug fit, which also encapsulates and protects more of the head. I think if someone can integrate tiny hinges into the ODST helmet, it would look great.

·
noob
401 Posts
Another thing, the ODSTs in Reach wear fabric fatigues under their armor, whereas the ODSTs in Halo 2, 3, and Halo: ODST don't wear any apparent fabric, except their gloves.
ONI operative Dare probably wears fabric sleeves, but it's difficult to tell exactly what that area of her equipment is supposed to be made of.

·
noob
401 Posts
Another thing. I don't think ODSTs should all look exactly the same.

I made this:

My favorite part of that custom figure is the hose running from below the sternum, going around the right side of the rib cage.
I was inspired to do that by this:

..and as you can see from that concept art, there are a lot of ways to change up an ODST. I really want to go for something similar to that, with a lot of asymmetry and more equipment than the ODSTs in any game so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I like the helmet. The armour on that is too much like Halo 4s armours. I just think they blew the designs in that game. I think you only have to look at the designs in Bungies Destiny to know who has the better designers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol. Sorry. Rant over. Just looking at some ODSTs online. I'm going to assume they had something like a black bodysuit.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
The armor in Landfall tries its damnedest to look like Halo 3/ODST armor, but it's too loose and shaggy. Also, a running "problem" is that the shoulder armor is freaking puny.
shoulder armour is fine to me, the overbulky shoulders are awkward imo.

the halo 3 odst armour to me is better than reach as the reach one has too much armour, looking more like aprtan than a future para trooper. the odst in the halo odst tv advert looked good too, but i do agree the leg armour does look too loose and bulky, a slimmed streamlined odst with minimal gear (they use the smg for its compact size afterall) would be ideal imo

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts

..and as you can see from that concept art, there are a lot of ways to change up an ODST. I really want to go for something similar to that, with a lot of asymmetry and more equipment than the ODSTs in any game so far.
the one on the left looks great imo

and that smg on the right is awesome! :) stripped down ma5??

·
noob
401 Posts
shoulder armour is fine to me, the overbulky shoulders are awkward imo.

the halo 3 odst armour to me is better than reach as the reach one has too much armour, looking more like aprtan than a future para trooper. the odst in the halo odst tv advert looked good too, but i do agree the leg armour does look too loose and bulky, a slimmed streamlined odst with minimal gear (they use the smg for its compact size afterall) would be ideal imo
I'm not sure what you mean about the ODSTs from Reach having too much armor. They have significantly less armor than the ODSTs from Halo 3/ODST.
You can see the fabric exposed on their arms and thighs, and the armor around their belly is soft. Also, their boots are not armored at all.
The only area that has more armor than previous designs is the neck.

1 - 20 of 476 Posts