One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

This is a quick shot of my first bash for a while, it's a WIP of course, still needs quite a few bits to finish it.

Haven't got a name for him as such, so I've just been calling him 'The Guitar Man'.

Had the idea bouncing round in my head for a long time, just been waiting for that perfect storm of parts to become available.

What do you think?

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I know you'll outfit him sharply, but playing in his skivvies has a sort of real feel to it. Like he's just got up and is putting together some new stuff.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I know you'll outfit him sharply, but playing in his skivvies has a sort of real feel to it. Like he's just got up and is putting together some new stuff.
I agree on this - no need to dress up a figure that would look good without a suit.

Only thing to do with that would be some way to hide all the joints. I would go for glueing the joints shut and then sculpt over them, but that's me. There might be arm and leg sleeves out there that could fit, but to be honest, I haven't been looking really.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words, this is the first civilian bash I've ever done in a long time, and a subject that is difficult to source, 1/6 scale musical instruments seem to be as rare as hen's teeth.

Nice, and nice Gibson you have, where did you get that?
It's from one of Sideshow's Spinal Tap figures from a few years ago, I think the figure was David St. Hubbins? Got it off e-bay, probably last year, the idea's been bouncing round for a long while.

He does have that kind of look doesn't he? That's partly why I thought he was ready for a WIP post.

Although not an electric, I was thinking Robert Johnson:
This was actually one of my reference shots when I first started researching the idea! All the old blues guitarist's seem to be sitting down when they play.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts