One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MAJOR LEAGUE INFIDEL
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The Green Berets" Is probably my only favorite John Wayne movie. My dad got me this for my birthday in February. I've just decided to take some outdoor shots today because I was bored. Enjoy!!!

John Wayne is ready to take on the World......

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
don't like the sculpt...it's a caricature of wayne's face
in the pre-prod. pics it looked way better
maybe a raw umber wash would make the head more appealing
the uniform and accessories are nice though
.....oh wait, minus those crappy plastic ammo pouches........

·
MAJOR LEAGUE INFIDEL
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that was cool of your Dad. The HS needs a little work (repaint) to bring out the detail. Over all the figure is OK it just seems like it is missing something.
I think he carried a sidearm in the movie possibly a M1911 .45. He owned one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Daniel,

For some reason, the Duke looks better in your shots than in my basement! I'm not too keen on this figure; Sideshow could have -- should have -- done a heckofalot better, but I've already posted my opinions about the figure on a separate post, so I won't bore everyone with another diatribe.

Nice shots and enjoy your figure. And considering where you live, we'll keep you and your family in our thoughts. Batten down those hatches and ride out that storm. Take care and stay safe. Give a quick post to let everyone know you're okay.

Hey Rogerbee: I picked up a "Mike Kirbey" at DX08. Still haven't had a chance to really check out the figure, but I have to tell you, it's not a bad head sculpt. Sure, Dragon essentially used all their old molds for this figure, but I think with some creativity, it could be a good figure. As I said, it looks like a decent head sculpt.

Regards to all, and Daniel, again, stay safe!

Jack

PS: Daniel: Duke/Mike Kirby didn't wear a .45 in the movie. In fact, pay close attention the next time it's on: By my count, he never fired his M-16 once in the movie!!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
It is still the great John Wayne. He didn't came to Toronto that is why I wasn't able to purchase him despite inquiries from stores here. The YE OLD FAITHFULL .45 and extra mags will be very good.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, Daniel Prado!

Good looking shots, and probably closer to what the movie showed than not. "The Green Berets" was filmed in Georgia on and around Fort Benning, so no weird Asiatic jungle plants or anything like that, just good ole American pine!

The tiger stripes definately do need a little toning down, something I'll do to on one of mine. I also want to kitbash one of the "white guy painted as asian" VC that battles with Sgt. Kowalski towards the end. Should be any easy build.

Thanx for sharing and good luck with the "weather".

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
Registered
565 Posts
ssc john wayne

i found the boonie hat a little on the small side. for better fit i carefully trimmed excess fabric from inside of the brim. also i exchanged the m-16
for a SOTW model with proper muzzlebrake .i also used the sling that came
with SSC m-16 on the SOTW m-16 for a better look. i will be buying the DML
Mike Kirby . the movie is 100% accurate but i feel John Wayne was doing
his best to portray U S Spec Forces.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts