One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Duty First
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was cleaning out my office and came across some badges from shows gone by. Pretty cool for the event organizers to do that; it had your headshot and name.

I went to the 21C show in 2000 and about four Weekend of Heroes shows. I also remember a good show in Henderson (I think) that had a couple of cool exclusives. 2005 maybe? Can’t recall who put that one on.

I wish I could remember all the guys from back then. Sawgunner, PukingDog, Laughing Gravy, CorranJ and so many others. I also remember a good guy who took his son to the shows and was always around. He was a prior service marine from SoCal. Also two Canadians who were regulars. I know I’m missing a few.

I recall going to Hooters a few times and then the EBT boys opening the shop for us at night and just sitting around.

Fun times. Too bad that renaissance after 21C came along didn’t last longer. Lots of brick and mortar stores, awesome shows.

Any active members from back then?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Still here and kicking about. The AZ Joeheads are still active and try to have a presence when a show comes about. There are just not that many left and those that are left are small and usually one day events. Mike stannard was the name of the fellow that put on the show in Henderson, that is one show that I regret missing. There is a show in the Dallas area that we are talking about making the trek for but that is still a ways out and no confirmations have been set on our end.

Jeff (Geppetto)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, I've been on the forums from the beginning. My name is changed though as too many thin skinned people could dish it out but couldn't take it. All that happened in 03 and you know the rest of the story now.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Still here. Mostly just lurk. Went to the 21c show and all the WOH shows. Sad how the hobby slowly fizzled out. Working on a new and very large 1:6 project. Intend to keep it under wrap until complete. Hope OSW is still here when I finish it.

·
Sir Lurksalot
667 Posts
Yeah, still around. Went to the first 21st Century Toys con. Still have the bomber
Jacket and the Little Bird I won in the raffle. Went to most of the Weekend of Heroes cons.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've been collecting since 2000 and on OSW since 2003 but was too young to make it to any of the great shows from the glory days out in California or down in Atlanta.

Our club in Ohio is still very strong; we have our FIGURECON every march with large 1:6th scale displays and multiple vendors - just tryin' to keep some of the magic of the hobby from the first decade of the 21st century alive.

Check us out:

SSCC Ohio - HOME

Sixth Scale Collectors Club - Home | Facebook

- Fred

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,909 Posts
I never went to those early shows, except FX2000 in Orlando with Garry. Met Rex there. (I'm in UK, hence only show could make it to) but I've been around in 1/6 from way back then. Just lurk lately though.

·
Duty First
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I remember Rex from 21C, John Lu, who put on the shows, Alan from Toy Soldier, multiple show exclusives from DML, Soldier Story, lots of retailers. I also remember meeting some of the wholesalers and veterans who talked to us in seminars, reenactors.

Big shows, lots of fun.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
S'up

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I've been collecting since 1999 & an OSW member since '03. Never had a chance to go to one of the shows but always wanted to. And I do remember when the guys who did attend the shows posted all those wonderful pictures - lots of camaraderie many great finds as far as purchasing both boxed figures and loose items AFAIR. Good times long gone...

·
Registered
545 Posts
I never went to those early shows, except FX2000 in Orlando with Garry. Met Rex there. (I'm in UK, hence only show could make it to) but I've been around in 1/6 from way back then. Just lurk lately though.
Same, except I'm situated in Australia. We used to have a small 1:6 community where I was but most (if not all) have gotten out. OSW used to be my daily go-to page but then the change in format and then the loss of all my pics to photobucket sorta made me lose impetus. I still try and buy a figure at least every year and do the occasional lurk but I do miss those halycon days ...

·
Duty First
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I remember the Sandbox, though I only visited, along with the first version or two of this board. It was yellow and black and I recall it had something like a little stick man as the logo.

I also recall the Mighty Dragon Message Board or forum.

·
1/6 Hoarder
1,363 Posts
Hey, all. I'm still here sort of. I never was out to to any of these shows because I was relatively young and didn't have much of an income when I joined here in '06 which I believe was still during the golden age.

I don't think I'll every fully quit the hobby although it's gotten a bit expensive for my tastes. I still got a giant stack of 'need to sell' stuff I've been sitting on for years to clear shelf space.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
The WOH shows where the "Golden Age" of 1/6.. Gigantic shows that you could spend hours at mass $$$!! LOL... I REALLY miss those days!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts