One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oscar-winning actor and former NRA president Charlton Heston died Saturday night at his home in Beverly Hills, Calif., his family said; he was 84.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Well, its always sad to hear when somebody dies......but he lived a long life. Being a member (kinda) of the NRA......it does have a bit if a sting.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
This is truly a sad day for me because he was one of my favorite actors of all time and the fact that he had alot of the same interests as I have really makes me sad. Thank you Mr. Heston for all of the great movies you have done and for protecting the rights of all freedom loving law abiding citizens to own guns.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
He was one of the great ones! He made so many great movies, including three of my favorite Sci-Fi movies of all time. He marched for Civil rights and stood up for our right to bear arms. A class act!

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
RIP Mr. Heston, a great actor and American.

Dos Soldat

:confused: That's like "kinda being pregnant" isn't it??
no....it's I was a member...then my membership expired. My dad's still a member...so....Kinda.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does that mean you "kinda" sleep with your mom, too? My father was a Mason. Does that make me "kinda" one? Why must perfectly serious threads go to such absurd and insipid commentaries.

Mr. Heston was a bit of the Goldwater of his time. From his early years throughout his career, he stood for the issues he believed in, regardless of political ideologies. A man of many awards and accomplishments, I always felt he was most proud of his presidency of the NRA as far as what it meant to him as an American.

I was outraged when I saw the scene from a michael moore movie in which he misled Mr. Heston into allowing him into his home, then ambushed him, a feeble old man in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's, with ridiculous accusations. The greater man's poise, even after the black magic of moore's editing, maintained the reputation of a long life of dignity and character.

The passing of a Legend.

Rest in dignified Peace, Mr. Heston.

·
12" nightmare
1,422 Posts
I'm not well informed on the subject, but I did get the impression that the NRA was very wrong to still have him run up for them in his condition. What Moore did was deplorable, but so was what he filmed, it did make me realise how old the man had become. Honestly I can't see why anyone, especially not someone of his achievements should be used to parade for any cause, on either side. I think it's hard enough for an actor with alzheimer to try and maintain honor. Why put him out in public and offer his credibility for target practice? I try to forget that episode and just remember the massive actor.

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts
Mr. Heston was a great man and a patriot who loved America
for a man of hollywood we was one of the last of a dying breed.
My prayers are with his family.

Oh yeah if you are not a paid member of the NRA your not a member
there is no "kinda" ..... had to clairify that

·
Enjoying the View
1,136 Posts
Rest in Piece Mr. Heston.

I couldn't find the ending to the 10 Commandments, but I found the next best thing, and believe me I'm sure many of us felt the way he did here:

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I admire his acting talent and am sorry he had a hard ending. With time he'll be remembered for the good that he brought to us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.