One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
4,420 Posts
I got the brief case special edition as an early birthday gift this weekend. It's a sweet set and I've only just scratched the surface. I watched disk 5 last night... For some reason I couldn't get disk 3 to play in my machine. I' need to try it in another CD player before I get P-Oed.

· Lurker .... or somefin
5,256 Posts
I watched this earlier... and... I don't see the link between Deckard being a Replicant. Mainly because he doesn't have the super strength... when he was hanging on the ledge.. In theory... if he were a Replicant.. he would have been able to pull himself up. Either way... that's my take on it.

· Registered
190 Posts
I watched this earlier... and... I don't see the link between Deckard being a Replicant. Mainly because he doesn't have the super strength... when he was hanging on the ledge.. In theory... if he were a Replicant.. he would have been able to pull himself up. Either way... that's my take on it.
the links in the movie are:

- the most obvious one is the unicorn dream, and Gaff's unicorn origami: this is to show that Gaff knows Deckard is a replicant, as Gaff knows Deckard's private inner thoughts and dreams, so they must be artificial.

- Deckard is obsessed with photos, just like the replicants. Check out his piano, there's tons of photographs of family. Photos provide tangible "proof" to the replicants artificial memories.

- in one scene in the apartment, Deckard's eyes glow like the other replicants.

- in the original theatrical release, they misnumbered the ## of loose replicants due to a script continuity error, which many thought was left in at first as a clue that Deckard was the last loose replicant.

- some other speculation: what better way to catch an android, than to use another android?; Ridley Scott has stated that he intended to make deckard a replicant from the beginning, he also speculates whether Deckard is a Nexus 5, a Nexus 6, or a Nexus 7- meaning that his level of strength would be more or less than the Nexus 6 replicants in the films; the abiguity is implied in the original novel as well.

i personally feel like the correct answer is whatever you choose, it reads both ways equally well...

· Thin Blue Line
213 Posts
One of the best movies I have ever seen. I think I was 15 when it was first released (dammit that makes me 40) and I was completely blown aways the first time I saw it. After much begging and hint dropping, my wife bought me the 4 disc set for Christmas. She even sat down to watch it with me but she didn't seem to get the whole concept.

· Registered
3,434 Posts
I too have been re-awed by Bladerunner. I first saw in the theatre all those years ago. Bought a VHS copy, then a DVD. Still have yet to see the director's cut. I need to pick up the anniversary edition.

A couple days ago I finally picked up the Android Hunter. Working on getting a better headsculpt. That's a darn nice figure. I think I'll remove the coat's snaps, it'll look better, and who displays it w/ the coat closed anyway?

I'm also working on a 1/1 Deckard costume. Started last week, have much of the research done. It's a fun project.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.