One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· King Geek and OSW Admin
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew this film even existed when it came out. I was only 10 years old and too busy seeing ET three times that summer.

I wasn't until years later that I saw it and fell in love with this film.

The definitive movie that spawned every great visual in every great move that has followed it, Blade Runner looks better than most sci-fi films do today.

Ridley Scott is a visionary. A brilliant, brilliant visionary.

And why am I talking about this? Because it's on DVD and it's remastered and it's more beautiful that ever.

If you ever had to sit through the version with the voice over, then I pity you because the version is NOT Blade Runner.

No, Blade Runner is a cerebral movie open to so much interpretation. It is a visual feast that-- unlike so many fast-paced sci-fi movies today-- invites the viewer to soak up every marvelous, awe inspiring moment. It showcases an awe-inspiring vision of the future and allows you to take the moments you need to feel like you're actually living in it with the characters.

You must buy this DVD. You must own this movie. If you can not be a super-huge sci-fi art geek like myself and spend 100 bucks on the box set with FIVE versions of the movie-- then buy the 2-disk set. It's only 15 bucks at Wal-Mart!

It's worth it just for the 2+ hour behind-the-scenes documentary alone! But, of course, there is Ridley Scott's definitive, remastered and oh-so beautiful print, as well!!! With a commentary track from Scott!!!!

Buy it, buy it, buy it! This movie is the father of all modern sci-fi film making!!!!!!

8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lomax0000 said:
I love the last part where Deckard picks up origami and smiles. I had to watch it a few times and search the net to understand the ending and it's a very sad, fitting end. Never get tired of good movies.
I think that was his accepting "so be it" moment both about himself (did he also suspect his possible origins? "How can it not know what it is?") and about his and Rachel's (possibly short) future.

It's moments like that one that make me love this movie so much. There are people who will argue to their last breath that Dekard is or isn't a Replicant.

The voice-over just runis this kind of subtlety for me. It takes away the audience's involvement in the film and instead just lays it all out at their feet and says "THIS is what it is." (Although it's worth seeing with the VO just once to get a little extra info and back story on some of the other characters.)

And the "riding off into the sunset" ending....? :razz :razz :razz

Ending on the elevator closing-- now THAT'S the ending!

8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lost said:
I love how the wide shots of the city seem more REAL to me than the BEST CGI effects available today.........Truly groundbreaking and mesmerizing.

Here is my homage to a science fiction masterpiece.
That headsculpt is really awesome. Where'd you get it? And if you painted it yourself-- then bravo!!! It looks amazingly life-like!!!!!

8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lost said:
It is a Japanese company called "CRM"(only 100 made) I collected parts and repainted the headsculpt.

The same company also produced "Clockwork Orange" figures, and "The Shining"
Ohhhhh... Yes, I remember that company. I was going to buy the Alex figure a few years back at Comic-Con, but I still want to make a custom one myself. (The one they did wasn't good enough for what they were asking for it.)

You did a real bang-up job painting up that headsculpt. You should post more of your works (and this one) in the General Discussion area. I'm sure other people would enjoy it, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.